100 years of superconductivity
- edited by Horst Rogalla and Peter H. Kes.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxxiii, 830 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 26 cm.
At the library
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
Stacks Request (opens in new tab)
|QC611.96 .A16 2012
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Early History, Peter H. Kes The Discovery and Early History of Superconductivity, Rudolf de Bruyn Ouboter, Dirk van Delft, and Peter H. Kes The Historical Context of Josephson's Discovery, A.B. Pippard
- Theory, Jan Zaanen Ginzburg-Landau Equations, V.M. Vinokur and T.I. Baturina The Emergence of BCS, David Pines Theory of Superconductivity: From Phenomenology to Microscopic Theory, Lev P. Gor'kov A Modern, but Way Too Short History of the Theory of Superconductivity at a High Temperature, Jan Zaanen Intrinsic Josephson Effect in Layered Superconductors, L.N. Bulaevskii and A.E. Koshelev Mixed State Properties, Ernst Helmut Brandt Thermomagnetic Effects in the Mixed State, R.P. Huebener
- Experiments, J. Mannhart Tunneling and the Josephson Effect, John M. Rowell The Discovery of Fluxoid Quantization, Dietrich Einzel The Search for the Pairing Symmetry in the High Temperature Superconductors, Dale J. Van Harlingen Half-Integer Flux Quantization in Unconventional Superconductors, C.C. Tsuei and J.R. Kirtley Electric Field Effect Tuning of Superconductivity, Jean-Marc Triscone and Marc Gabay The Grain Boundary Problem of High-Tc Superconductors, J. Mannhart and D. Dimos Overview of the Experimental History, Status, and Prospects of HTS, M.R. Beasley Vortex Matter in Anisotropic Superconductors, Eli Zeldov
- Materials, C.W. Chu Introduction, C.W. Chu The Route to High Temperature Superconductivity in Transition Metal Oxides, A. Bussmann-Holder and K.A. Muller Superconductivity above 10 K in Non-Cuprate Oxides, David C. Johnston Cuprates-Superconductors with a Tc up to 164 K, C.W. Chu Fe-Pnictides and -Chalcogenides, Hideo Hosono Superconductivity in MgB2, Takahiro Muranaka and Jun Akimitsu Fullerenes, Kosmas Prassides and Matthew J. Rosseinsky Elemental Superconductors, K. Shimizu Heavy-Fermion Superconductivity, F. Steglich Ruthenate Superconductor Sr2RuO4, Yoshiteru Maeno Magnetic Superconductors (and Some Recollections of Professor Bernd T. Matthias), M. Brian Maple
- SQUIDS and Detectors, A.I. Braginski Introduction, John Clarke, Arnold Silver, and A.I. Braginski History and Device Fundamentals, John Clarke and Arnold Silver High-Tc SQUIDs, A.I. Braginski Geophysical Applications of SQUIDs, C.P. Foley Application to Nondestructive Evaluation of Materials and Structures, A.I. Braginski SQUIDs - from Laboratory Devices to Commercial Products, Ronald E. Sager Electromagnetic and Particle Detection and Readout, John Clarke, Kent Irwin, and Peter Michelson Concluding Remarks, A.I. Braginski, John Clarke, and Ronald E. Sager
- Qubits, J.E. Mooij Qubits, J.E. Mooij General Aspects, J.E. Mooij
- Digital Electronics, Shinya Hasuo Introduction, Shinya Hasuo Operating Principles of Digital Circuits, Theodore Van Duzer Digital Electronics in Japan, Shinya Hasuo Digital Electronics in the USA, Fernand (Doc) Bedard Digital Electronics in Europe, Horst Rogalla Integrated Circuit Fabrication Process, Mutsuo Hidaka High-Speed Digital Circuits, Akira Fujimaki History of Superconductor Analog-to-Digital Converters, Oleg Mukhanov
- Microwave Applications, D.E. Oates Microwave Measurements of Fundamental Properties of Superconductors, D.E. Oates Applications of Passive Microwave Filters and Devices in Communication and Related Systems, R.B. Hammond, N.O. Fenzi, and B.A. Willemsen Superconducting Quantum Electronics Enabling Astronomical Observations, T.M. Klapwijk Microwave Cooling of Superconducting Quantum Systems, W.D. Oliver Applications of Superconducting Microresonators, Jonas Zmuidzinas
- Quantum Metrology, Richard E. Harris and Jurgen Niemeyer Introduction, Richard E. Harris and Jurgen Niemeyer Josephson Voltage Standard - The Ultimate Precision, Jaw-Shen S. Tsai and James E. Lukens The First Josephson Voltage Standards, Thomas J. Witt First Josephson Junction Array Voltage Standard, Tadashi Endo How the DC Array Standards Were Developed, Jurgen Niemeyer Making the Josephson Voltage Standard Practical, Clark A. Hamilton Programmable Josephson Voltage Standards: from DC to AC, Johannes Kohlmann Quantum-Based Voltage Waveform Synthesis, Samuel P. Benz Superconductivity and the SI (Metric) System Based on Fundamental Constants, Edwin Williams and Ian Robinson
- Medical Applications, Harold Weinstock Introduction, Harold Weinstock Medical Applications of Magnetoencephalography, Cosimo Del Gratta, Stefania Della Penna, Vittorio Pizzella, and Gian-Luca Romani MCG Instrumentation and Applications, Riccardo Fenici, Donatella Brisinda, Anna Rita Sorbo, and Angela Venuti MRI Instrumentation and Applications, Jim Bray and Kathleen Amm Ultralow Field NMR and MRI, John Clarke Superconductivity in Medical Accelerators for Cancer Therapy, Peter A. Zavodszky
- Wires and Tapes, David Larbalestier The Long Road to High Current Density Superconducting Conductors, David Larbalestier Nb-Ti - from Beginnings to Perfection, Peter J. Lee and Bruce Strauss History of Nb3Sn and Related A15 Wires, Kyoji Tachikawa and Peter J. Lee Bi-Ca-Sr-Cu-O HTS Wire, Martin W. Rupich and Eric E. Hellstrom Coated Conductor: Second Generation HTS Wire, A.P. Malozemoff and Y. Yamada The MgB2 Conductor Story, Rene Flukiger and Hiroaki Kumakura
- Large Scale Applications, Peter Komarek, Bruce Strauss, Steve St. Lorant, Luca Bottura, and Al McInturff Introduction, Steve St. Lorant The History of Superconductivity in High Energy Physics, Steve A. Gourlay and Lucio Rossi Magnet Engineering-Study in Stability and Quench Protection, Luca Bottura and Al McInturff The History of Fusion Magnet Development, Jean-Luc Duchateau, Peter Komarek, and Bernard Turck Electric Power Applications of Superconductivity, William Hassenzahl and Osami Tsukamoto Magnetic Separation, Christopher Rey Superconducting Induction Heating of Nonferrous Metals, Niklas Magnusson and Larry Masur Superconducting Magnets for NMR, Gerhard Roth.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
Even a hundred years after its discovery, superconductivity continues to bring us new surprises, from superconducting magnets used in MRI to quantum detectors in electronics. 100 Years of Superconductivity presents a comprehensive collection of topics on nearly all the subdisciplines of superconductivity. Tracing the historical developments in superconductivity, the book includes contributions from many pioneers who are responsible for important steps forward in the field. The text first discusses interesting stories of the discovery and gradual progress of theory and experimentation. Emphasizing key developments in the early 1950s and 1960s, the book looks at how superconductivity started to permeate society and how most of today's applications are based on the innovations of those years. It also explores the genuine revolution that occurred with the discovery of high temperature superconductors, leading to emerging applications in power storage and fusion reactors. Superconductivity has become a vast field and this full-color book shows how far it has come in the past 100 years. Along with reviewing significant research and experiments, leading scientists share their insight and experiences working in this exciting and evolving area.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title variation
- One hundred years of superconductivity
- "A Taylor & Francis book."
- 9781439849460 (hbk.)
- 1439849463 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: