Computer Aided Systems Theory - EUROCAST 2009 : 12th International Conference on Computer Aided Systems Theory, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, February 15-20, 2009 : revised selected papers
- volume editors, Roberto Moreno Diáz, Franz Pichler, Alexis Quesada Arencibia.
- Berlin ; London : Springer, 2009.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- Lecture notes in computer science.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Systems Theory and Simulation: Formal Approaches.- Kolmogorov Stream Ciphers.- Morphotronic System (Theory).- Knowledge Discovery in Databases Using Multivalued Array Algebra.- Local Space-Time Systems Simulation of Linear and Non-linear Retinal Processes.- Analytical Representation of Intrinsic Directionality in Retinal Cells.- Linear Complexity Measures for Multi-valued Cryptographic Data Streams by Application of the Rissanen Partial Realization Method.- A Software Implementation of the Rissanen Method for Partial Linear Systems Realization.- New Frontiers in the Validation of Simulation Models-Structural Dominance Analysis.- Optimizing the Hardware Usage of Parallel FSMs.- SynPSL: Behavioral Synthesis of PSL Assertions.- Learning Autonomous Helicopter Flight with Evolutionary Reinforcement Learning.- Designing Communication Space in Wireless Sensor Network Based on Relational Attempt.- Boundary Scan Security Enhancements for a Cryptographic Hardware.- Automated Design of Totally Self-Checking Sequential Circuits.- A General Purpouse Control System.- Computation and Simulation in Modelling Biological Systems.- On the First Exit Time Problem for a Gompertz-Type Tumor Growth.- A Neuronal Model with Excitatory and Inhibitory Inputs Governed by a Birth-Death Process.- Diffusion Processes Subject to Catastrophes.- Automatic System Identification of Tissue Abnormalities Based on 2D B-Mode Ultrasound Images.- Vision-An Essay from a Computational View Point.- On a Generalized Leaky Integrate-and-Fire Model for Single Neuron Activity.- Mathematical and Computational Modeling of Neurons and Neuronal Ensembles.- Intelligent Information Processing.- The Foldl Operator as a Coequalizer Using Coq.- Algorithm for Testing the Leibniz Algebra Structure.- Automatic Drusen Detection from Digital Retinal Images: AMD Prevention.- A Study of Extracting Knowledge from Guideline Documents.- Modelling Differential Structures in Proof Assistants: The Graded Case.- Vascular Landmark Detection in Retinal Images.- Web Applications: A Proposal to Improve Response Time and Its Application to MOODLE.- Functional Disambiguation Using the Syntactic Structures Algorithm for Each Functional Interpretation for Spanish Language.- On Similarity in Case-Based Reasoning for Structural Health Monitoring.- A Distributed System for Massive Generation of Synthetic Video Using GPUs.- Using a Rank Fusion Technique to Improve Shot Boundary Detection Effectiveness.- Step-Guided Clinical Workflow Fulfilment Measure for Clinical Guidelines.- Debugging and Verification of Multi-Agent Systems.- Easing the Definition of N-Ary Relations for Supporting Spatio-Temporal Models in OWL.- Applied Formal Verification.- Separation of Transitions, Actions, and Exceptions in Model-Based Testing.- Automatic Test Generation for Coverage Analysis Using CBMC.- Self-healing Assurance Based on Bounded Model Checking.- Effective Bit-Width and Under-Approximation.- Observable Runtime Behavior for Defects Indicated by Automated Static Analysis.- Computer Vision and Image Processing.- Real-Time Vision-Based Vehicle Detection for Rear-End Collision Mitigation Systems.- Real-Time Hierarchical GPS Aided Visual SLAM on Urban Environments.- Tomographic Image Reconstruction Using Abstractions.- Unsupervised Clustering Using Diffusion Maps for Local Shape Modelling.- Sensibility Analysis of an Object Movement Forecast Approximation in Real Image Sequences.- Angular Contour Parameterization for Signature Identification.- Image Sequences Noise Reduction: An Optical Flow Based Approach.- Mobile and Autonomous Systems: Robots and Cars.- From Industrial to Ubiqitous Robots.- WiFi Localization System Using Fuzzy Rule-Based Classification.- Vehicle Detection Based on Laser Radar.- Biomimetic Controller for Situated Robots Based on State-Driven Behaviour.- Supporting Information Services for Travellers of Public Transport by Road.- Applying Reinforcement Learning to Multi-robot System Behavior Coordination.- Safe Crossroads via Vehicle to Vehicle Communication.- Cooperation Enforcement Schemes in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks.- Cooperative and Competitive Behaviors in a Multi-robot System for Surveillance Tasks.- Control Action Continuity on Situation-Based Obstacle Avoidance.- Simulation Based System Optimization.- Traffic Signals in Traffic Circles: Simulation and Optimization Based Efficiency Study.- Integrated System and Network Simulation of a 5.8GHz Local Positioning System.- Simulation Based Optimization of Vertex Packing Decoding Algorithms.- Diversity Order of Spatial Multiplexing with Transmit Antenna Correlation Based Precoding.- Software Simulator to Model an Energy Autonomous System.- Signal Processing Methods in Systems Design and Cybernetics.- On Stochastic Variation in Discrete Time Systems.- Convolution on Finite Groups and Fixed-Polarity Polynomial Expressions.- Reversible Synthesis through Shared Functional Decision Diagrams.- Ternary Haar-Like Transform and Its Application in Spectral Representation of Ternary-Valued Functions.- Complete Sets of Hamiltonian Circuits for Classification of Documents.- SPICE Simulation of Analog Filters: A Method for Designing Digital Filters.- A Heterogeneous Decision Diagram Package.- Walsh Matrices in the Design of Industrial Experiments.- Dynamic Behavior of Time-Domain Features for Prosthesis Control.- Decomposing Pattern Matching Circuit.- Hardware Approach to Artificial Hand Control Based on Selected DFT Points of Myopotential Signals.- System Approach to Complex Signal Processing Task.- Polynomial Models in Control System Design.- Symbolic Computations on Rings of Rational Functions and Applications in Control Engineering.- Nonlinear Systems: A Polynomial Approach.- Robust Control of a Two Tank System Using Algebraic Approach.- Comparing Algebraic and Constrained Pole Assignment Controllers for a Thermal System.- Nonlinear Controllers for a Fluid Tank System.- Pre-identification for Real-Time Control.- Realization of Continuous-Time Nonlinear Input-Output Equations: Polynomial Approach.- Heuristic Problem Solving.- Using Heuristic Optimization for Segmentation of Symbolic Music.- Fitting Rectangular Signals to Time Series Data by Metaheuristic Algorithms.- Virtual Sensors for Emissions of a Diesel Engine Produced by Evolutionary System Identification.- Solving the Euclidean Bounded Diameter Minimum Spanning Tree Problem by Clustering-Based (Meta-)Heuristics.- Solving the Rectangle Packing Problem by an Iterative Hybrid Heuristic.- New Approximation-Based Local Search Algorithms for the Probabilistic Traveling Salesman Problem.- Evolving 6-State Automata for Optimal Behaviors of Creatures Compared to Exhaustive Search.- Analysis of the Properties of the Harmony Search Algorithm Carried Out on the One Dimensional Binary Knapsack Problem.- An Algorithm of Schedule Planning for Tanker Drivers.- A Kruskal-Based Heuristic for the Rooted Delay-Constrained Minimum Spanning Tree Problem.- Applying Ant Colony Optimisation to Dynamic Pickup and Delivery.- Model Driven Rapid Prototyping of Heuristic Optimization Algorithms.- Heuristic Methods for Searching and Clustering Hierarchical Workflows.- Model Instability in Microarray Gene Expression Class Prediction Studies.- Conflict Resolution in Multiagent Systems Based on Wireless Sensor Networks.- Evolutionary Selection in Simulation-Based Optimization.- Feature Selection Based on Pairwise Classification Performance.- On the Influence of Selection Schemes on the Genetic Diversity in Genetic Algorithms.- Solving a Real-World FAP Using the Scatter Search Metaheuristic.- On the Success Rate of Crossover Operators for Genetic Programming with Offspring Selection.- On Structural Identification of 2D Regression Functions for Indoor Bluetooth Localization.- Grid-Enabled Mutation-Based Genetic Algorithm to Optimise Nuclear Fusion Devices.- Priority Rule Generation with a Genetic Algorithm to Minimize Sequence Dependent Setup Costs.- A GRASP-VNS Hybrid for the Fuzzy Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows.- Simulation and Formal Methods in Systems Design and Engineering.- Performance Modelling for Avionics Systems.- Object-Oriented Petri Nets-Based Modeling of Resources in Project Engineering.- Simulation Based Design of Control Systems Using DEVS and Petri Nets.- Transforming UML-Based System Descriptions into Simulation Models as Part of System Development Frameworks.- Model-Based Design and Verification of Reactive Systems.- Resonant Tunnelling Diode-Based Circuits: Simulation and Synthesis.- A Practical Methodology for Integration Testing.- Models of Co-operative Engineering Systems.- Safety Oriented Laparoscopic Surgery Training System.- Co-operative Extended Kohonen Mapping (EKM) for Wireless Sensor Networks.- Morphotronic System Applications.- SNIPER: A Wireless Sensor Network Simulator.- Embedded Fortress - Software Environment for Intellectual Property Protection in Embedded Systems.- Collaborative XML Document Versioning.- Parallel Distributed Genetic Algorithm for Expensive Multi-Objective Optimization Problems.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
The concept of CAST as Computer Aided Systems Theory was introduced by F. Pichler in the late 1980s to refer to computer theoretical and practical developments as tools for solving problems in system science. It was thought of as the third component (the other two being CAD and CAM) required to complete the path from computer and systems sciences to practical developments in science and engineering. Franz Pichler, of the University of Linz, organized the first CAST workshop in April 1988, which demonstrated the acceptance of the concepts by the scientific and technical community. Next, the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria joined the University of Linz to organize the first international meeting on CAST (Las Palmas, February 1989) under the name EUROCAST'89. This proved to be a very successful gathering of systems theorists, computer scientists and engineers from most European countries, North America and Japan. It was agreed that EUROCAST international conferences would be organized every two years, alternating between Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and a continental European location. From 2001 the conference has been held exclusively in Las Palmas. Thus, successive EUROCAST meetings took place in Krems (1991), Las Palmas (1993), In- bruck (1995), Las Palmas (1997), Vienna (1999), Las Palmas (2001), Las Palmas (2003) Las Palmas (2005) and Las Palmas (2007), in addition to an extra-European CAST c- ference in Ottawa in 1994.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Computer-aided engineering > Congresses.
- Computer-aided design > Congresses.
- Ingénierie assistée par ordinateur > Congrès.
- Conception assistée par ordinateur > Congrès.
- Computer-aided design.
- Computer-aided engineering.
- machine vision
- image processing
- computer techniques
- computer software
- simulation models
- kunstmatige intelligentie
- artificial intelligence
- pattern recognition
- computer sciences
- Information and Communication Technology (General)
- Informatie- en communicatietechnologie (algemeen)
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in computer science
- Selected conference papers.
Browse related items
Start at call number: