State of the art on grammatical inference using evolutionary method
- Hari Mohan Pandey
- London ; San Diego, CA : Elsevier Academic Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxi, 204 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
At the library
- Pandey, Hari Mohan, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes
- 1. Introduction and Scientific Goals
- 2. State of the Art: Grammatical Inference
- 3. State of the Art: Genetic Algorithms and Premature Convergence
- 4. Genetic Algorithms and Grammatical Inference
- 5. Performance Analysis of Genetic Algorithm for Grammatical Inference
- 6. Applications of Grammatical Inference Methods and Future Development.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
State of the Art on Grammatical Inference Using Evolutionary Method presents an approach for grammatical inference (GI) using evolutionary algorithms. Grammatical inference deals with the standard learning procedure to acquire grammars based on evidence about the language. It has been extensively studied due to its high importance in various fields of engineering and science. The book's prime purpose is to enhance the current state-of-the-art of grammatical inference methods and present new evolutionary algorithms-based approaches for context free grammar induction. The book's focus lies in the development of robust genetic algorithms for context free grammar induction. The new algorithms discussed in this book incorporate Boolean-based operators during offspring generation within the execution of the genetic algorithm. Hence, the user has no limitation on utilizing the evolutionary methods for grammatical inference.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780128221167 paperback
- 012822116X paperback
Browse related items
Start at call number: