Learning and collaboration technologies : novel learning ecosystems : 4th International Conference, LCT 2017, held as part of HCI International 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 9-14, 2017, Proceedings. Part I
- Panayiotis Zaphiris, Andri Ioannou (eds.).
- text file
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 2017.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxii, 505 pages) : illustrations
- Lecture notes in computer science ; 10295. 0302-9743
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 3, Information systems and applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI.
- LCT (Conference) (4th : 2017 : Vancouver, B.C.)
- Zaphiris, Panayiotis, editor.
- Ioannou, Andri, editor.
- International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (19th : 2017 : Vancouver, B.C.). jointly held conference.
- Intro; Foreword; HCI International 2017 Thematic Areas and Affiliated Conferences; Contents
- Part I; Contents
- Part II; Multimodal and Natural Interaction for Learning; Immersive Visualization Technologies to Facilitate Multidisciplinary Design Education; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Educational Needs and Multidisciplinary Programs; 3 Emerging Visualization Technologies; 4 Approach; 5 Discussion; References; Peacemaking Affordances of Shareable Interfaces: A Provocative Essay on Using Technology for Social ... ; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Background Work; 2.1 Peace and Technology
- 2.2 Interactive Tabletops2.3 Tabletops for Peace; 3 Discussion; Acknowledgements; References; Acoustic Filter; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Background; 2.1 Multi-channel Audio; 2.2 Object-Based Audio; 2.3 Ambisonics; 3 Methodology; 3.1 The Case Study Places; 4 Audio Filter Design and Analysis: Basic Parameters; 5 Filter Design; 6 Conclusion; Acknowledgments; References; Gesture Deviation in Interactive Communication
- A Cross Cultural Study of Indian Case Examples; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Related Work on Gesture Based Studies; 3 Methodology
- 4 Planning the Experiment and Methodology Used for the Cross-Cultural Study of Gestures Amongst Indi ... 4.1 Selection of Content for the Study; 4.2 Selection of Subjects; 4.3 Selection of the Medium for Documentation; 4.4 Design and Studio Setup; 4.5 Identification of Gestures from Secondary Literature; 4.6 Method for Analysis of Video Recordings; 4.7 Data on Total Gesture Types Taken for Observation and Study; 5 Results and Observations; 5.1 Deictic Gestures (D); 5.2 Iconic Gestures; 5.3 Semaphoric Gestures (S); 5.4 Pantomimic Gestures; 6 Conclusion; 7 Implication for Interaction Design
- Publisher's summary
The two-volume set LNCS 10295 and 10296 constitute the refereed proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Learning and Collaboration Technologies, LCT 2017, held as part of the 19th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, HCII 2017, in Vancouver, BC, Canada, in July 2017, in conjunction with 15 thematically similar conferences. The 1228 papers presented at the HCII 2017 conferences were carefully reviewed and selected from 4340 submissions. The papers cover the entire field of human-computer interaction, addressing major advances in knowledge and effective use of computers in a variety of application areas. The papers included in this volume are organized in the following topical sections: multimodal and natural interaction for learning; learning and teaching ecosystems; e-learning, social media and MOOCs; beyond the classroom; and games and gamification for learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Education > Data processing > Congresses.
- Human-computer interaction > Congresses.
- User-centered system design > Congresses.
- Educational technology > Congresses.
- Educational equipment & technology, computer-aided learning (Calif.)
- Society & social sciences.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Information retrieval.
- User interface design & usability.
- Education > Computers & Technology.
- Computers > Data Processing.
- Computers > Intelligence (AI) & Semantics.
- Computers > Information Technology.
- Computers > User Interfaces.
- Education > Data processing.
- Educational technology.
- Human-computer interaction.
- User-centered system design.
- Publication date
- Title variation
- LCT 2017
- Lecture notes in computer science, 0302-9743 ; 10295
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 3, Information systems and applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI
- International conference proceedings.
- Includes author index.
- 9783319585093 (electronic bk.)
- 3319585096 (electronic bk.)
- 9783319585086 (print)
Browse related items
Start at call number: