Soft Computing in Measurement and Information Acquisition
- edited by Leon Reznik, Vladik Kreinovich.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2003.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xiv, 284 pages)
- Studies in fuzziness and soft computing ; 127.
- Uncertainty in Measurement: Some Thoughts about its Expressing and Processing.- Why Two Sigma? A Theoretical Justification for an Empirical Measurement Practice.- Fuzzy Linguistic Scales: Definition, Properties and Applications.- A Fuzzy Shape Specification System to Support Design for Aesthetics.- Generating Membership Functions for a Noise Annoyance Model from Experimental Data.- An Exegesis of Data Fusion.- Possibilistic Logic: A Theoretical Framework for Multiple Source Information Fusion.- Automated Adaptive Situation Assessment.- Soft Computing, Real-time Measurement and Information Processing in a Modern Brewery.- The Aggregation of Industrial Performance Information by the Choquet Fuzzy Integral.- Computing Image with an Analog Circuit Inspired by the Outer Retinal Network.- Extending the Decision Accuracy of a Bioinformatics System.- On Fuzzy Controllers Having Radial Basis Transfer Functions.- Evolutionary Scene Recognition and Simultaneous Position/Orientation Detection.- Evolutionary Dynamics Identification of Multi-Link Manipulators Using Runge - Kutta - Gill RBF Networks.- Towards Reliable Sub-Division of Geological Areas: Interval Approach.- A Fuzzy Classifier with Pyramidal Membership Functions.- A Comparison of Soft Computing and Traditional Approaches for Risk Classification and Claim Cost Prediction in the Automobile Insurance Industry.- Evolutionary Rule Generation and its Application to Credit Scoring.- Social Fuzziology in Action: Acquisition and Making Sense of Social Information.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
This volume covers the fields of measurement and information acqulSltlon. It contains a collection of papers representing the current research trends in these areas. What are those trends? The first one is the enormous growth in the amount of information and the amazing technologies, which make this information available anywhere and anytime. The second one is a substantial development of methods of the information presentation including, to name just a few, multimedia, virtual environment, computer animation. The third one is the all-time boosting demand for improving the quality of decisions made on the base of this information in various applications ranging from engineering to business. Nowadays information acquisition should not only provide more information but also provide it in such a way as to assure effective and efficient processing of this information. And here comes a relatively new methodology of soft computing. Application of soft computing in measurement and information acquisition is considered in this volume.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, 1434-9922 ; 127
- 9783540362166 (electronic bk.)
- 3540362169 (electronic bk.)