Applications of evolutionary computation : 22nd International Conference, EvoApplications 2019, held as part of EvoStar 2019, Leipzig, Germany, April 24-26, 2019, Proceedings
- Paul Kaufmann, Pedro A. Castillo (eds.).
- text file
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 2019.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xix, 642 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Lecture notes in computer science ; 11454.
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 1, Theoretical computer science and general issues.
- [I]. Engineering and real-world applications: 1. A comparison of different many-objective optimization algorithms for energy system optimization / Tobias Rodemann
- 2. Design of powered floor systems for mobile robots with differential evolution / Eric Medvet, Stefano Seriani, Alberto Bartoli, and Paolo Gallina
- 3. Solving the multi-objective flexible job-shop scheduling problem with alternative recipes for a chemical production process / Piotr Dziurzanski, Shuai Zhao, Jerry Swan, Leandro Soares Indrusiak, Sebastian Scholze, and Karl Krone
- 4. Quantifying the effects of increasing user choice in MAP-elites applied to a workforce scheduling and routing problem / Neil Urquhart, Emma Hart, and William Hutcheson
- 5. A hybrid multi-objective differential evolution approach to stator winding optimization / André M. Silva, Fernando J.T.E. Ferreira, and Carlos Henggeler Antunes
- 6. GA-Novo : de novo peptide sequencing via tandem mass spectrometry using genetic algorithm / Samaneh Azari, Bing Xue, Mengjie Zhang, and Lifeng Peng
- 7. Ant colony optimization for optimized operation scheduling of combined heat and power plants / Johannes Mast, Stefan Rädle, Joachim Gerlach, and Oliver Bringmann
- 8. A flexible dissimilarity measure for active and passive 3D structures and its application in the fitness-distance analysis / Maciej Komosinski and Agnieszka Mensfelt.
- [II]. Games: 9. Free form evolution for Angry Birds level generation / Laura Calle, Juan J. Merelo, Antonio Mora-García, and José-Mario García-Valdez
- 10. Efficient online hyperparameter adaptation for deep reinforcement learning / Yinda Zhou, Weiming Liu, and Bin Li
- 11. GAMER : a genetic algorithm with motion encoding reuse for action-adventure video games / Tasos Papagiannis, Georgios Alexandridis, and Andreas Stafylopatis
- 12. Effects of input addition in learning for adaptive games : towards learning with structural changes / Iago Bonnici, Abdelkader Gouaïch, and Fabien Michel.
- [III]. General: 13. Supporting medical decisions for treating rare diseases through genetic programming / Illya Bakurov, Mauro Castelli, Leonardo Vanneschi, and Maria João Freitas
- 14. Evolutionary successful strategies in a transparent iterated prisoner's dilemma / Anton M. Unakafov, Thomas Schultze, Igor Kagan, Sebastian Moeller, Alexander Gail, Stefan Treue, Stephan Eule, and Fred Wolf
- 15. Evolutionary algorithms for the design of quantum protocols / Walter Krawec, Stjepan Picek, and Domagoj Jakobovic
- 16. Evolutionary computation techniques for constructing SAT-based attacks in algebraic cryptanalysis / Artem Pavlenko, Alexander Semenov, and Vladimir Ulyantsev
- 17. On the use of evolutionary computation for in-silico medicine : modelling sepsis via evolving continuous petri nets / Ahmed Hallawa, Elisabeth Zechendorf, Yi Song, Anke Schmeink, Arne Peine, Lukas Marin, Gerd Ascheid, and Guido Dartmann
- 18. A cultural algorithm for determining similarity values between users in recommender systems / Kalyani Selvarajah, Ziad Kobti, and Mehdi Kargar.
- [IV]. Image and signal processing: 19. Optimizing the C index using a canonical genetic algorithm / Thomas A. Runkler and James C. Bezdek
- 20. Memetic evolution of classification ensembles / Szymon Piechaczek, Michal Kawulok, and Jakub Nalepa
- 21. Genetic programming for feature selection and feature combination in salient object detection / Shima Afzali, Harith Al-Sahaf, Bing Xue, Christopher Hollitt, and Mengjie Zhang
- 22. Variable-length representation for EC-based feature selection in high-dimensional data / N.D. Cilia, C. De Stefano, F. Fontanella, and A. Scotto di Freca.
- [V]. Life sciences: 23. A knowledge based differential evolution algorithm for protein structure prediction / Pedro H. Narloch and Márcio Dorn
- 24. A biased random key genetic algorithm with local search chains for molecular docking / Pablo F. Leonhart and Márcio Dorn
- 25. Self-sustainability challenges of plants colonization strategies in virtual 3D environments / Kevin Godin-Dubois, Sylvain Cussat-Blanc, and Yves Duthen.
- [VI]. Networks and distributed systems: 26. Early detection of Botnet activities using grammatical evolution / Selim Yilmaz and Sevil Sen
- 27. Exploring concurrent and stateless evolutionary algorithms / Juan J. Merelo, J.L.J. Laredo, Pedro A. Castillo, José-Mario García-Valdez, and Sergio Rojas-Galeano
- 28. Evolving trust formula to evaluate data trustworthiness in VANETs using genetic programming / Mehmet Aslan and Sevil Sen
- 29. A matheuristic for green and robust 5G virtual network function placement / Thomas Bauschert, Fabio D'Andreagiovanni, Andreas Kassler, and Chenghao Wang
- 30. Prolong the network lifetime of wireless underground sensor networks by optimal relay node placement / Nguyen Thi Tam, Huynh Thi Thanh Binh, Tran Huy Hung, Dinh Anh Dung, and Le Trong Vinh.
- [VII]. Neuroevolution and data analytics: 31. The evolution of self-taught neural networks in a multi-agent environment / Nam Le, Anthony Brabazon, and Michael O'Neill
- 32. Coevolution of generative adversarial networks / Victor Costa, Nuno Lourenço, and Penousal Machado
- 33. Evolving recurrent neural networks for time series data prediction of coal plant parameters / AbdElRahman ElSaid, Steven Benson, Shuchita Patwardhan, David Stadem, and Travis Desell
- 34. Improving NeuroEvolution efficiency by surrogate model-based optimization with phenotypic distance kernels / Jörg Stork, Martin Zaefferer, and Thomas Bartz-Beielstein.
- [VIII]. Numerical optimization : theory, benchmarks and applications: 35. Compact optimization algorithms with re-sampled inheritance / Giovanni Iacca and Fabio Caraffini
- 36. Particle swarm optimization : understanding order-2 stability guarantees / Christopher W. Cleghorn
- 37. Fundamental flowers : evolutionary discovery of coresets for classification / Pietro Barbiero and Alberto Tonda.
- Publisher's summary
This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Applications of Evolutionary Computation, EvoApplications 2019, held in Leipzig, Germany, in April 2019, co-located with the Evo*2019 events EuroGP, EvoCOP and EvoMUSART. The 44 revised full papers presented were carefully reviewed and selected from 66 submissions. They were organized in topical sections named: Engineering and Real World Applications; Games; General; Image and Signal Processing; Life Sciences; Networks and Distributed Systems; Neuroevolution and Data Analytics; Numerical Optimization: Theory, Benchmarks, and Applications; Robotics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title variation
- EvoApplications 2019
- Lecture notes in computer science ; 11454
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 1, Theoretical computer science and general issues
- International conference proceedings.
- 9783030166922 (electronic bk.)
- 3030166929 (electronic bk.)
- 9783030166939 (print)
- 9783030166915 (print)
Browse related items
Start at call number: