Social robotics : 10th International Conference, ICSR 2018, Qingdao, China, November 28-30, 2018, Proceedings
- Shuzhi Sam Ge, John-John Cabibihan, Miguel A. Salichs, Elizabeth Broadbent, Hongsheng He, Alan R. Wagner, Álvaro Castro-González (eds.).
- text file
- Cham : Springer, 2018.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xii, 623 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Lecture notes in computer science. Lecture notes in artificial intelligence.
- Lecture notes in computer science ; 11357.
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 7, Artificial intelligence.
- International Conference on Social Robotics (10th : 2018 : Qingdao, China)
- Ge, S. S. (Shuzhi S.), editor.
- Cabibihan, J.-J. (John-John), editor.
- Salichs, M. Á. (Miguel Á.), editor.
- Broadbent, Elizabeth, editor.
- He, Hongsheng, editor.
- Wagner, Alan R., editor.
- Castro-González, Álvaro, editor.
- Online Learning of Human Navigational Intentions.- Autonomous Assistance Control based on Inattention of the Driver when Driving a Truck Tract.- The Robotic Archetype: Character Animation and Social Robotics.- A proposed Wizard of OZ architecture for a Human-Robot Collaborative drawing task.- Factors and Development of Cognitive and Affective Trust on Social Robots.- Smiles of Children with ASD May Facilitate Helping Behaviors to the Robot.- If drones could see: investigating evaluations of a drone with eyes.- Validation of the Design of a Robot to Study the Thermo-Emotional Expression.- Training Autistic Children on Joint Attention Skills with a Robot.- Robotic Understanding of Scene Contents and Spatial Constraints.- Social Robots and Wearable Sensors for Mitigating Meltdowns in Autism - A Pilot Test.- Autonomous Control through the Level of Fatigue Applied to the Control of Autonomous Vehicles.- Dialogue Models for Socially Intelligent Robots.- Composable Multimodal Dialogues based on Communicative Acts.- How Should a Robot Interrupt a Conversation between Multiple Humans.- Grasping novel objects with real-time obstacle avoidance.- Augmenting Robot Knowledge Consultants with Distributed Short Term Memory.- 3D Virtual Path Planning for People with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis through Standing Wheelchair.- Physiological differences depending on task performed in a 5-day interaction scenario designed for the elderly: a pilot study.- Character Design and Validation on Aerial Robotic Platforms Using Laban Movement Analysis.- Social Robots in Public Spaces: A Meta-Review.- On the Design of a Full-actuated Robot Hand with Target Sensing Self-adaption and Slider Crank Mechanism.- Towards Dialogue-based Navigation with Multivariate Adaptation driven by Intention and Politeness for Social Robots.- Design and Implementation of Shoulder Exoskeleton Robot.- Cooperative Control of Sliding Mode for Multi-Mobile Manipulators.- When Should a Robot Apologize? Understanding how Timing Affects Human-Robot Trust Repair.- "Let There be Intelligence!"- A Novel Cognitive Architecture for Teaching Assistant Social Robots.- Virtual Social Toys: A Novel Concept to Bring Inanimate Dolls to Life
- Modular Robotic System for Nuclear Decommissioning.- A new model to enhance robot-patient communication: Applying insights from the medical world
- Towards Crossmodal Learning for SmoothMultimodal Attention Orientation.- A Two-step Framework for Novelty Detection in Activities of Daily Living.- Design of Robotic System for the Mannequin-Based Disinfection Training.- Learning to Win Games in a Few Examples: Using Game-Theory and Demonstrations to Learn the Win Conditions of a Connect Four Game.- Semantics Comprehension of Entities in Dictionary Corpora for Robot Scene Understanding.- The CPS-triangle: a suggested framework for evaluating robots in relation to everyday life.- Feature-based Monocular Dynamic 3D Object Reconstruction.- Adaptive Control of Human-interacted Mobile Robots with Velocity Constraint.- Attributing human-likeness to an avatar: the role of time and space in the perception of biological motion.- Dancing Droids: An Expressive Layer for Mobile Robots Developed Within Choreographic Practice.- Semantic-based interaction for teaching robot behavior compositions using spoken language.- Comfortable Passing Distances for Robots.- Reduced Sense of Agency in Human-Robot interaction.- Comparing the Effects of Social Robots and Virtual Agents on Exercising Motivation.- The Relevance of Social Cues in Assistive Training with a Social Robot.- Attitudes of Heads of Education and Directors of Research towards the Need for Social Robotics Education in Universities
- Coordinated and Cooperative Control of Heterogeneous Mobile Manipulators.- Robotic Healthcare Service System to Serve Multiple Patients with Multiple Robots.- Perception of Control in Artificial and Human Systems: A Study of Embodied Performance Interactions.- A Robotic Brush with Surface Tracing Motion Applied to the Face.- MagicHand: In-Hand Perception of Object Characteristics for Dexterous Manipulation.- Robots and Human Touch in Care: Desirable and Non-Desirable Robot Assistance.- The Effects of Gaze Following Behaviours of Driving Agents on Human-Autonomous Car Interaction.- Virtual Reality Social Robot Platform: A Case Study on Arash Social Robot.- Novel Siamese Robot Platform for Multi-Human Robot Interaction.- An Attention-aware Model for Human Action Recognition on Tree-based Skeleton Sequences.- Predicting the Target in Human-Robot Manipulation Tasks.- Imitating Human Movement Using a Measure of Verticality to Animate Low Degree-of-Freedom Non-humanoid Virtual Characters.- Adaptive Neural Control for Robotic Manipulators Under Constrained Task Space.- Multi-pose face registration method for social robot.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Social Robotics, ICSR 2018, held in Qingdao, China, in November 2018.The 60 full papers presented were carefully reviewed and selected from 79 submissions. The theme of the 2018 conference is: Social Robotics and AI. In addition to the technical sessions, ICSR 2018 included 2 workshops:Smart Sensing Systems: Towards Safe Navigation and Social Human-Robot Interaction of Service Robots.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Robotics > Social aspects > Congresses.
- Robots > Congresses.
- Robotics > Human factors > Congresses.
- Human-robot interaction > Congresses.
- Artificial intelligence > Congresses.
- Robotics > Congresses.
- Robotique > Aspect social > Congrès.
- Robotique > Facteurs humains > Congrès.
- Interaction homme-robot > Congrès.
- Intelligence artificielle > Congrès.
- Robotique > Congrès.
- Expert systems > knowledge-based systems.
- Network hardware.
- User interface design & usability.
- Image processing.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Computers > Expert Systems.
- Computers > Hardware > Network Hardware.
- Computers > User Interfaces.
- Computers > Computer Graphics.
- Computers > Intelligence (AI) & Semantics.
- Human-robot interaction.
- Robotics > Human factors.
- Robotics > Social aspects.
- Publication date
- Title variation
- ICSR 2018
- Lecture notes in artificial intelligence
- Lecture notes in computer science ; 11357
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 7, Artificial intelligence
- International conference proceedings.
- 9783030052041 (electronic bk.)
- 3030052044 (electronic bk.)
- 9783030052034 (print)
Browse related items
Start at call number: