Internet science : INSCI 2017 International Workshops, IFIN, DATA ECONOMY, DSI, and CONVERSATIONS, Thessaloniki, Greece, November 22, 2017, Revised selected papers
- Sotiris Diplaris, Anna Satsiou, Asbjørn Følstad, Michail Vafopoulos, Thomas Vilarinho (eds.).
- text file
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 2018.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (viii, 249 pages) : illustrations
- Lecture notes in computer science ; 10750. 0302-9743
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 3, Information systems and applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI.
- INSCI (Conference) (4th : 2017 : Thessalonikē, Greece)
- Diplaris, Sotiris, editor.
- Satsiou, Anna, editor.
- Følstad, Asbjørn, editor.
- Vafopoulos, Michail, editor.
- Vilarinho, Thomas, editor.
- International Workshop on the Internet for Financial Collective Awareness and Intelligence (2nd : 2017 : Thessalonikē, Greece) jointly held conference.
- International Workshop on Data Economy (2017 : Thessalonikē, Greece) jointly held conference.
- International Workshop on Digital Technology to Support Social Innovation (2017 : Thessalonikē, Greece) jointly held conference.
- International Workshop on Chatbot Research and Design (2017 : Thessalonikē, Greece) jointly held conference.
- Awareness Platform.- Aalto Observatory on Digital Valuation Systems.- A Novel Lexicon-Based Approach in Determining Sentiment in Financial Data Using Learning Automata.- A Hybrid Recommendation System Based on Density-Based Clustering.- Computing Platform for Virtual Economic Activities Index.- Data Based Stock Portfolio Construction Using Computational Intelligence.- YourDataStories: Transparency and Corruption Fighting Through Data Interlinking and Visual Exploration.- The Maker Movement and the Disruption of the Producer-Consumer Relation.- Open Data: Creating Communities and Practices for a New Common.- The Case for Collaborative Policy Experimentation Using Advanced Geospatial Data Analytics and Visualisation.- An Engagement-Related Behaviour Change Approach for SavingFood in Greece.- Developing a Social Innovation Methodology in the Web 2.0 Era.- Code Hunting Games: a Mixed Reality Multiplayer Treasure Hunt Through a Conversational Interface.- Politician - an Imitation Game.- Towards Open Domain Chatbots - a GRU Architecture for Data Driven Conversations.- Creating Dialogues Using Argumentation and Social Practices.- An Overview of Open-Source Chatbots Social Skills.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
This book constitutes the refereed post-conference proceedings of 4 workshops, held at the 4th International Conference on Internet Science, Thessaloniki, Greece, in November 2017: the Second International Workshop on the Internet for Financial Collective Awareness and Intelligence, IFIN 2017, the International Workshop on Data Economy 2017, the International Workshop on Digital Technology to Support Social Innovation, DSI 2017, and the International Workshop on Chatbot Research and Design, CONVERSATIONS 2017. The 17 full papers presented together with one short paper were carefully reviewed and selected from 27 submissions. The contributions of the IFIN workshop focus on a multidisciplinary dialogue on how to use the internet to promote financial awareness and capability among citizens whereas the papers of the Data Economy workshop show how online data change economy and business. The aim of the DSI workshop was to collect the lessons learned from different platforms and settings, and to understand the requirements and challenges for building and using digital platforms to effectively engage broad participation in the social innovation process. The papers of the Conversations workshop explore the brave new world of human-computer communication through natural language, gathering latest developments in chatbots research and design.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Internet > Congresses.
- User interface design & usability.
- Society & social sciences.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Computer networking & communications.
- Information retrieval.
- Computers > User Interfaces.
- Computers > Data Processing.
- Computers > Intelligence (AI) & Semantics.
- Computers > Hardware > General.
- Computers > System Administration > Storage & Retrieval.
- Computers > Information Technology.
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in computer science, 0302-9743 ; 10750
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 3, Information systems and applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI
- Includes author index.
- 9783319775470 (electronic bk.)
- 3319775472 (electronic bk.)
- 9783319775487 (print)
- 9783319775463 (print)
Browse related items
Start at call number: