Econometrics for financial applications
- Ly H. Anh, Le Si Dong, Vladik Kreinovich, Nguyen Ngoc Thach, editors.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 2018.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xiii, 1081 pages) : illustrations
- Studies in computational intelligence ; v. 760. 1860-949X
- Testing, Prediction, and Cause in Econometric Models
- Information Criteria for Statistical Modeling in Data-Rich Era
- An invitation to quantum econometrics
- GL+ and GL- Regressions
- What If We Do Not Know Correlations?
- Markowitz Portfolio Theory Helps Decrease Medicines' Side Effect and Speed Up Machine Learning.
- This book addresses both theoretical developments in and practical applications of econometric techniques to finance-related problems. It includes selected edited outcomes of the International Econometric Conference of Vietnam (ECONVN2018), held at Banking University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam on January 15-16, 2018. Econometrics is a branch of economics that uses mathematical (especially statistical) methods to analyze economic systems, to forecast economic and financial dynamics, and to develop strategies for achieving desirable economic performance. An extremely important part of economics is finances: a financial crisis can bring the whole economy to a standstill and, vice versa, a smart financial policy can dramatically boost economic development. It is therefore crucial to be able to apply mathematical techniques of econometrics to financial problems. Such applications are a growing field, with many interesting results? and an even larger number of challenges and open problems.
- Publication date
- Studies in computational intelligence, 1860-949X ; volume 760
- Includes author index.
- 9783319731506 (electronic bk.)
- 3319731505 (electronic bk.)
- 9783319731490 (print)