Social robotics : 9th International Conference, ICSR 2017, Tsukuba, Japan, November 22-24, 2017, Proceedings
- Abderrahmane Kheddar, Eiichi Yoshida, Shuzhi Sam Ge, Kenji Suzuki, John-John Cabibihan, Friederike Eyssel, Hongsheng He (eds.).
- text file
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 2017.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xv, 761 pages) : illustrations
- Lecture notes in computer science ; 10652. 0302-9743
- Lecture notes in computer science. Lecture notes in artificial intelligence.
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 7, Artificial intelligence.
- International Conference on Social Robotics (9th : 2017 : Tsukuba-shi, Japan)
- Kheddar, Abderrahmane, editor.
- Yoshida, Eiichi, 1967- editor.
- Ge, S. S. (Shuzhi S.), editor.
- Suzuki, Kenji (Professor of engineering), editor.
- Cabibihan, J.-J. (John-John), editor.
- Eyssel, Friederike, editor.
- He, Hongsheng, editor.
- Learning Affordances for Assistive Robots.- Initial Design, Implementation and Technical Evaluation of a Context-aware Proxemics Planner for a Social Robot.- An Image based Non-verbal Behaviour analysis of HRI.- Do Social Rewards from Robots Enhance Offline Improvements in Motor Skills?.- How the Timing and Magnitude of Robot Errors Influence Peoples' Trust of Robots in an Emergency Scenarios.- The Iterative Development of the Humanoid Robot Kaspar: An Assistive Robot for Children with Autism.- The Interaction Between Voice and Appearance in the Embodiment of a Robot Tutor.- Shape It - The Influence of Robot Body Shape on Gender Perception in Robots.- A Telepresence Robot in Residential Care: Family Increasingly Present, Personnel Worried about Privacy.- Influence of Robot's Interaction Style on Performance in a Stroop Task.- `Autistic Robots' for Embodied Emulation of Behaviors Typically Seen in Children with Different Autism Severities.- Learning Relationships between Objects and Places by Multimodal Spatial Concept with Bag of Objects.- There once was a Robot Storyteller: Measuring the Effects of Emotion and non-verbal Behaviour.- Field testing of the influence of assistive wear on the physical fitness of nursing-care workers.- Developing Interaction Scenarios with a Humanoid Robot to Encourage Visual Perspective Taking Skills in Children with Autism - Preliminary Proof of Concept Tests.- Human-like Hand Reaching by Motion Prediction using Long Short-Term Memory.- User's Personality and Activity Influence on HRI Comfortable Distances.- A Need for Service Robots among Health Care Professionals in Hospitals and Housing Services.- Do you think I approve of that? Designing facial expressions for a robot.- Robotic Device to Mediate Human-Human Hug-Driven Remote Communication.- RoMa: A Hi-tech Robotic Mannequin for the Fashion Industry.- Walk the talk: Gestures in mobile interaction.- Gaze Behavioral Adaptation towards Group Members for Providing Effective Recommendations.- Subtle Reaction and Response Time Effects in Human-Robot Touch Interaction.- Young EFL learners' attitude towards RALL: an observational study focusing on motivation, anxiety, and interaction.- Design of a Cloud-Based Robotic Platform for Accompanying and Interacting with Humans.- Influence of Environmental Context on Recognition Rates.- Creating lively behaviors in social robots.- What Went Wrong and Why? Diagnosing Situated Interaction Failures in the Wild.- Toward 3D Printed Prosthetic Hands that can Satisfy Psychosocial Needs: Grasping Force Comparisons between a Prosthetic Hand and Human Hands.- Integrating a Humanoid Robot into ECHONET-based Smart Home Environments.- A Robot that Encourages Self-Disclosure by Hug.- Hand Gestures and Verbal Acknowledgments Improve Human-Robot Rapport.- Do Audio-Visual Stimuli Change Hug Impressions?.- Impact of Tutoring Strategies in Grounded Lexicon Learning.- Yes, Of Course? An Investigation on Obedience and Feelings of Shame towards a Robot.- Dance with me! Child-robot interaction in the wild.- Rethinking the Why of Socially Assistive Robotics through Design.- Role-oriented Designing: A Methodology to Designing for Appearance and Interaction Ways of Customized Professional Social Robots
- Exploring Users' Reactions Towards Tangible Implicit Probes for Measuring Human-Robot Engagement.- Gaze-Based Hints During Child - Robot GamePlay.- Gender Difference in Expectation for Domestic Robots: A Survey in Japan.- Motor Actions Predictions and Controls for the NAO Robot when Playing Hand Clapping Games.- The importance of mutual gaze in human-robot interaction.- About Decisions During Human-Robot Shared Plan Achievement: Who Should Act and How?.- Improving User's Performance by Motivation: Matching Robot Interaction Strategy with User's Regulatory State.- Social group motion in robots.- Shopping Mall Robots - Opportunities and Constraints from the Retailer and Manager Perspective.- Dynamic Gesture Recognition for Social Robots.- Embodiment, Privacy and Social Robots: May I remember you?.- A TV Chat Robot with Time-Shifting Function for Daily-Use Communication.- Naturalistic Conversational Gaze Control for Humanoid Robots - A First Step.- Design and Implementation of a Device Management System for Healthcare Assistive Robots: Sensor Manager System Version 2.- Dialogue Design for a Robot-Based Face-Mirroring Game to Engage Autistic Children with Emotional Expressions.- Look but Don't Stare: Mutual Gaze Interaction in Social Robots.- Recognition of Gestural Behaviors Expressed by a Humanoid Robotic Platform for Teaching Affect Recognition to Children with Autism - A Healthy Subjects Pilot Study.- A Visual Environment for Reactive Robot Programming of Macro-level Behaviors.- Hand in Hand with Robots: Differences between Experienced and Naive Users in Human-Robot Handover Scenarios.- Subjective Stress in Hybrid Collaboration.- Development of Control Mechanism for Safety Enhancement in Bilateral Control Robot Applications.- Understanding anthropomorphism: Anthropomorphism is not a reverse process of dehumanization.- An Evaluation Tool of the Effect of Robots in Eldercare on the Sense of Safety and Security.- Becoming Real: An Anthropological Approach to Evaluating Robots in the Real World.- Human Perceptions of the Severity of Domestic Robot Errors.- What Can We Learn from the Long-Term Users of a Social Robot?.- Adaptive Emotional Chatting Behavior to Increase the Sociability of Robots.- Measuring Children's Perceptions of Robots' Social Competence: Design and Validation.- Rule Extraction Method Considering Reliability for Synchronized Behavior of Group Robots in Multi-party Conversations.- Omnidirectional Traveling Instruction for Behavior Navigation.- News Application Adaptation based on User Sensory Profile.- Robot Compliant Behaviour with Mixed-Initiative Interaction in an Obstacle Avoidance Scenario.- "Xylotism": A Tablet-Based Application to Teach Music to Children with Autism.- Starting a Conversation by Multi-Robot Cooperative Behavior.- Adaptive Strategies for Multi-Party Interactions with Robots in Public Spaces.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Social Robotics, ICSR 2016, held in Tsukuba, Japan, in November 2017.The 74 revised full papers presented were carefully reviewed and selected from 110 submissions. The theme of the 2017 conference is: Embodied Interactive Robots. In addition to the technical sessions, ICSR 2017 included four workshops: 1) Social Robot Intelligence for Social Human-Robot Interaction of Service Robots; 2) Human Safety and Comfort in Human-Robot Interactive Social Environments; 3) Modes of Interaction for Social Robots (MISR 2017): Postures, Gestures and Microinteractions; and 4) Religion in Robotics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Robotics > Social aspects > Congresses.
- Robots > Congresses.
- Robotics > Human factors > Congresses.
- Human-robot interaction > Congresses.
- Artificial intelligence > Congresses.
- Robotics > Congresses.
- Expert systems > knowledge-based systems.
- User interface design & usability.
- Information retrieval.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Computers > Expert Systems.
- Computers > User Interfaces.
- Computers > Information Technology.
- Computers > Intelligence (AI) & Semantics.
- Human-robot interaction.
- Robotics > Human factors.
- Robotics > Social aspects.
- Publication date
- Title variation
- ICSR 2017
- Lecture notes in computer science, 0302-9743 ; 10652
- Lecture notes in artificial intelligence
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 7, Artificial intelligence
- International conference proceedings.
- Includes author index.
- 9783319700229 (electronic bk.)
- 3319700227 (electronic bk.)
- 9783319700212 (print)
Browse related items
Start at call number: