Well-being in the information society : fruits of respect : 8th International Conference, WIS 2020, Turku, Finland, August 26-27, 2020, Proceedings
- Mirella Cacace, Raija Halonen, Hongxiu Li, Thao Phuong Orrensalo, Chenglong Li, Gunilla Widén, Reima Suomi (eds.).
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- Communications in computer and information science ; 1270.
- International Conference on Well-Being in the Information Society (8th : 2020 : Online)
- Cacace, Mirella, editor.
- Halonen, Raija, editor.
- Li, Hongxiu (Computer scientist), editor.
- Orrensalo, Thao Phuong, editor.
- Li, Chenglong, 1964- editor.
- Widén, Gunilla, editor.
- Suomi, Reima, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and author index.
- Improving quality and containing cost in health care and care for the elderly by using information technology.- Collecting the fruits of respect in entrepreneurship and management of organizations.- Friend or foe: Society in the area of tension between free data movement and data protection.- Bridging the digital divide: strengthening (health-) literacy and supporting trainings in information society. .
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Well-Being in the Information Society, WIS 2020, held in Turku, Finland, in August 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the conference was held online. The 19 revised full papers presented were carefully reviewed and selected from 25 submissions. The submitted papers present academic contributions on the topics of intersection of health, ICT and fruits of respect as seen from different directions and contexts. The paperd are organized in the following topical sections: improving quality and containing cost in health care and care for the elderly by using information technology; collecting the fruits of respect in entrepreneurship and management of organizations; friend or foe: society in the area of tension between free data movement and data protection; bridging the digital divide: strengthening (health-) literacy and supporting trainings in information society. .
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Telecommunication in medicine > Congresses.
- Well-being > Congresses.
- Respect > Congresses.
- Medical informatics > Congresses.
- Data protection > Congresses.
- Telecommunication in medicine.
- Social Networking
- Télémédecine > Congrès.
- Bien-être > Congrès.
- Respect > Congrès.
- Médecine > Informatique > Congrès.
- Protection de l'information (Informatique) > Congrès.
- Information retrieval.
- Information technology: general issues.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Network hardware.
- Software Engineering.
- Ethical & social aspects of IT.
- Computers > Information Technology.
- Computers > Data Processing.
- Computers > Intelligence (AI) & Semantics.
- Computers > Hardware > Network Hardware.
- Computers > Software Development & Engineering > General.
- Computers > Social Aspects > General.
- Data protection.
- Medical informatics.
- Publication date
- Title variation
- WIS 2020
- Communications in computer and information science, 1865-0929 ; 1270
- 9783030578473 (electronic bk.)
- 303057847X (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: