Adaptive instructional systems : second International Conference, AIS 2020, held as part of the 22nd HCI International Conference, HCII 2020, Copenhagen, Denmark, July 19-24, 2020, proceedings
- Robert A. Sottilare, Jessica Schwarz (eds.).
- Cham : Springer, 2020.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (581 pages)
- Lecture notes in computer science ; 12214.
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 3, Information systems and applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI.
- Designing and Developing Adaptive Instructional Systems.- Sensor-based Adaptive Instructional Systems in Live Simulation Training.- An Ambient & Pervasive Personalized Learning Ecosystem: "Smart Learning" in the Age of the Internet of Things.- Bridging Conceptual Models and Architectural Interchange for Adaptive Instructional Systems.- Dewey's Ethics of Moral Principles and Deliberation: Extending IEEE's Ethics Initiative for Adaptive Instructional Systems.- Realistic and Relevant Role-Players for Experiential Learning.- Learning Traces, Measurement and Assessment Templates for AIS Interoperability.- Supporting different Roles and Responsibilities in Developing and Using Context-based Adaptive Personalized Collaboration Environments Compliant to the Law.- Experiential Instruction of Metacognitive Strategies.- Falling Forward: Lessons Learned from Real-Life Implementation of Adaptive Learning Solutions.- Usability Dimensions of Simulated Trainers for Buried Explosives.- Toward Zero Authoring: Considering How to Maximize Courseware Quality and Affordability Simultaneously.- Agent-Based Methods in Support of Adaptive Instructional Decisions.- Representing Functional Relationships of Adaptive Instructional Systems in a Conceptual Model.- Knowledge-to-Information Translation Training (KITT): An Adaptive Approach to Explainable Artificial Intelligence.- User Rights and Adaptive A/IS - From Passive Interaction to Real Empowerment.- Supporting Metacognitive Learning Strategies through an Adaptive Application.- Towards Iteration by Design: An Interaction Design Concept for Safety Critical Systems.- Learner Modelling and Methods of Adaptation.- Bayesian Student Modelling in the AC&NL Tutor.- Nature at Your Service - Nature Inspired Representations Combined with Eye-gaze Features to Infer User Attention and Provide Contextualized Support.- Adapting Instruction by Measuring Engagement with Machine Learning in Virtual Reality Training.- Realizing the Promise of AI-Powered, Adaptive, Automated, Instant Feedback on Writing for Students in Grade 3-8 with an IEP.- Declarative Knowledge Extraction in the AC&NL Tutor.- On the Importance of Adaptive Operator Training in Human-Swarm Interaction.- The Mental Machine: Classifying Mental Workload State from Unobtrusive Heart Rate- measures Using Machine Learning.- Production Implementation of Recurrent Neural Networks in Adaptive Instructional Systems.- Pilot State Monitoring for Cursus Recommendation.- Experimental Evaluation of Heart-based Workload Measures as Related to Their Suitability for Real-time Applications.- EEG Covariance-based Estimation of Cooperative States in Teammates.- Adapting the Zone of Proximal Development to the Wicked Environments of Professional Practice.- An Adaptive Instructional System for the Retention of Complex Skills.- Learner Modeling in the Context of Caring Assessments.- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Adaptive Instructional Systems.- The Evolving Assessment Landscape and Adaptive Instructional Systems: Moving Beyond Good Intentions.- Contextual Barriers to Validity in Adaptive Instruction and Assessment.- Does Time Matter in Learning? A Computer Simulation of Carroll's Model of Learning.- Competency Development through Experiential Training: Mapping Scenarios with Assessments.- Does Gamification Work? Analyzing Effects of Game Features on Learning in an Adaptive Scenario-Based Trainer.- From "Knowing What" to "Knowing When": Exploring a Concept of Situation Awareness Synchrony for Evaluating SA Dynamics in Teams.- Exploring Video Engagement in an Intelligent Tutoring System.- Using a Non-Player Character to Improve Training Outcomes for Submarine Electronic Warfare Operators.- The Impact of Adaptive Activities in Acrobatiq Courseware: Investigating the Efficacy of Formative Adaptive Activities on Learning Estimates and Summative Assessment Scores.- A Mastery Approach to Flashcard-based Adaptive Training. .
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
This volume constitutes the refereed proceedings of the Second International Conference on Adaptive Instructional Systems, AIS 2020, which was due to be held in July 2020 as part of HCI International 2020 in Copenhagen, Denmark. The conference was held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A total of 1439 papers and 238 posters have been accepted for publication in the HCII 2020 proceedings from a total of 6326 submissions. The 41 papers presented in this volume were organized in topical sections as follows: designing and developing adaptive instructional systems; learner modelling and methods of adaptation; evaluating the effectiveness of adaptive instructional systems. Chapter "Exploring Video Engagement in an Intelligent Tutoring System" is available open access under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License via link.springer.com.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Computer-assisted instruction > Congresses.
- Artificial intelligence > Congresses.
- Learning, Psychology of > Congresses.
- Enseignement assisté par ordinateur > Congrès.
- Intelligence artificielle > Congrès.
- Psychologie de l'apprentissage > Congrès.
- Information technology: general issues.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Computer networking & communications.
- User interface design & usability.
- Computers > Data Processing.
- Computers > Intelligence (AI) & Semantics.
- Computers > Social Aspects > Human-Computer Interaction.
- Computers > Networking > General.
- Computers > User Interfaces.
- Artificial intelligence
- Computer-assisted instruction
- Learning, Psychology of
- Publication date
- Title variation
- AIS 2020
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science ; 12214
- LNCS sublibrary: SL 3, Information systems and applications, incl. internet/web, and HCI
- International conference proceedings.
- "The 22nd International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, HCI International 2020 (HCII 2020), was planned to be held at the AC Bella Sky Hotel and Bella Center, Copenhagen, Denmark, during July 19-24, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 corona virus pandemic and the resolution of the Danish government not to allow events larger than 500 people to be hosted until September 1, 2020, HCII 2020 had to be held virtually."
- Includes author index.
- 9783030507886 (electronic bk.)
- 3030507882 (electronic bk.)
- 9783030507879 (print)