Artificial life and evolutionary computation : 14th Italian Workshop, WIVACE 2019, Rende, Italy, September 18-20, 2019, Revised selected papers
- Franco Cicirelli, Antonio Guerrieri, Clara Pizzuti, Annalisa Socievole, Giandomenico Spezzano, Andrea Vinci (eds.).
- Cham : Springer, 2020.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- Communications in computer and information science ; 1200.
- Towards an Assistive Social Robot Interacting with Human Patient to Establish a Mutual and Effective Support.- Selecting for Positive Responses to Knock outs in Boolean Networks.- Avalanches of Perturbations in Modular Gene Regulatory Networks.- The Effects of a Simplified Model of Chromatin Dynamics on Attractors Robustness in Random Boolean Networks with Self-loops: an Experimental Study.- A Memetic Approach for the Orienteering Problem.- The Detection of Dynamical Organization in Cancer Evolution Models.- The Simulation of Noise Impact on the Dynamics of a Discrete Chaotic Map.- Exploiting Distributed Discrete-Event Simulation Techniques for Parallel Execution of Cellular Automata.- A Relevance Index-based Method for Improved Detection of Malicious Users in Social Networks.- An Analysis of Cooperative Coevolutionary Differential Evolution as Neural Networks Optimizer.- Design and Evaluation of a Heuristic Optimization Tool Based on Evolutionary Grammars Using PSoCs.- How Word Choice Affects Cognitive Impairment Detection by Handwriting Analysis: a Preliminary Study.- Modeling the Coordination of a Multiple Robots Using Nature Inspired Approaches.- Nestedness Temperature in the Agent-Artifact Space: Emergence of Hierarchical Order in the 2000-2014 Photonics Techno-Economic Complex System.- Towards Programmable Chemistries.- Studying and Simulating the Three-dimensional Arrangement of Droplets.- Investigating Three-dimensional Arrangements of Droplets.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
This book constitutes the revised selected papers of the 14th Italian Workshop on Artificial Life and Evolutionary Computation, WIVACE 2019, held in Rende, Italy, in September 2019. The 13 full papers and 4 short paper presented were thoroughly reviewed and selected from 31 submissions. They are focused on the topics of information systems, design and analysis of algorithms, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cognitive science, modeling and simulation, collaborative and social computing, parallel computing, distributed computing. The chapter "Nestedness Temperature in the Agent-Artifact Space: Emergence of Hierarchical Order in the 2000-2014 Photonics Techno-Economic Complex System" is available open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Self-organizing systems > Congresses.
- Artificial life > Congresses.
- Evolutionary computation > Congresses.
- Systèmes auto-organisés > Congrès.
- Vie artificielle > Congrès.
- Réseaux neuronaux à structure évolutive > Congrès.
- Network hardware.
- Information retrieval.
- Mathematical theory of computation.
- Computer science.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Computers > Hardware > Network Hardware.
- Computers > Information Technology.
- Computers > Data Processing.
- Computers > Computer Science.
- Computers > Intelligence (AI) & Semantics.
- Artificial life
- Evolutionary computation
- Self-organizing systems
- Publication date
- Title variation
- WIVACE 2019
- Communications in computer and information science, 1865-0929 ; 1200
- Includes author index.
- 9783030450168 (electronic bk.)
- 3030450163 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: