Soft computing for information processing and analysis
- Masoud Nikravesh, Lotfi A. Zadeh, Janusz Kacprzyk, editors.
- text file
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, ©2005.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (ix, 456 pages) : illustrations
- Studies in fuzziness and soft computing ; v. 164.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Web Intelligence, World Knowledge and Fuzzy Logic.- Towards More Powerful Information Technology via Computing with Words and Perceptions: Precisiated Natural Language, Protoforms and Linguistic Data Summaries.- Enhancing the Power of Search Engines and Navigations Based on Conceptual Model: Web Intelligence.- Soft Computing for Perception-Based Decision Processing and Analysis: Web-Based BISC-DSS.- Evaluating Ontology Based Search Strategies.- Soft Computing for Perception Based Information Processing.- Distributed Architecture for Modeling and Simulation of Autonomous Multi-agent Multi-Physics Systems.- Fuzzy Thesauri for and from the WWW.- Consumer Profiling Using Fuzzy Query and Social Network Techniques.- A Trial to Represent Dynamic Concepts.- SORE (Self Organizable Regulating Engine) - An Example of a Possible Building Block for a "Biologizing" Control System.- Multivariate Non-Linear Feature Selection with Kernel Methods.- A New Fuzzy Spectral Approach to Information Integration in a Search Engine.- Towards Irreducible Modeling of Structures and Functions of Protein Sequences.- Mining Fuzzy Association Rules: An Overview.- A Foundation for Computing with Words: Meta-Linguistic Axioms.- Augmented Fuzzy Cognitive Maps Supplemented with Case Based Reasoning for Advanced Medical Decision Support.- Pruning, Selective Binding and Emergence of Internal Models: Applications to ICA and Analogical Reasoning.- Evolution of the Laws That Deal with the Utilization of Information Networks.- Intelligent Type-2 Fuzzy Inference for Web Information Search Task.- Causality In An Inherently III Defined World.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
Search engines, with Google at the top, have become the most heavily used online service, with millions of searches performed every day and many remarkable capabilities. Soft Computing for Information Processing and Analysis includes reports from the front of soft computing in the internet industry and imparts knowledge and understanding of the significance of the field's accomplishments, new developments and future directions. This carefully edited book has evolved from presentations made by the participants of a meeting entitled "Fuzzy Logic and the Internet: Enhancing the Power of the Internet", organized by the Berkeley Initiative in Soft Computing (BISC), University of California, Berkeley. It addresses the important topics of modern search engines such as fuzzy query, decision analysis and support systems, including articles about topics such as Web Intelligence, World Knowledge and Fuzzy Logic (by Lotfi A. Zadeh), perception based information processing, or web intelligence.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Studies in fuzziness and soft computing ; v. 164
- Springer e-books
- 3540229302 (alk. paper)
- 9783540229308 (alk. paper)
- 9783540323655 (electronic bk.)
- 3540323651 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: