Historical dictionary of track and field
- Peter Matthews.
- data file
- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, Inc., c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxix, 319 p.).
- Historical dictionaries of sports.
- Matthews, Peter, 1945-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 301-317).
- Editor's Foreword
- Reader's Note
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Appendix A: Presidents of the IAAF
- Appendix B: Olympic Games: Winners
- Appendix C: World Championships: Venues and Winners
- Appendix D: World Indoor Championships: Venues and Winners
- Appendix E: World Cross-Country Championships: Winners
- Appendix F: World Road Racing Championships: Winners
- Appendix G: IAAF World Athletes of the Year
- Appendix H: World Records
- About the Author.
- Publisher's summary
The Historical Dictionary of Track and Field covers the history of this sport through a chronology, an introductory essay, appendixes, and an extensive bibliography. The dictionary section has over 500 cross-referenced entries on key figures, places, competitions, and governing bodies within the sport. This book is an excellent access point for researchers, students, and anyone wanting to know more about the history of track and field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Historical dictionaries of sports
- 9780810879850 ebook
- 9780810867819 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780810879850 (ebook)
- 0810867818 (electronic bk.)
- 9780810867819 (electronic bk.)