Artificial intelligence in education : open learning environments : new computational technologies to support learning, exploration and collaboration
- edited by Susanne P. Lajoie and Martial Vivet.
- English. English.
- data file
- Amsterdam ; Washington, DC : IOS Press, ©1999.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xv, 804 pages) : illustrations
- Frontiers in artificial intelligence and applications ; v. 50. 0922-6389
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Machine generated contents note: Open Sesame?: Fifteen Variations on the Theme of Openness in Learning Environments / J. Self
- Cognitive Applications of New Computational Technologies in Eye Tracking / S.P. Marshall
- Collaborative Learning in Open Distributed Environments -- Pedagogical Principles and Computational Methods / H.U. Hoppe
- Overview of the State of the Art in ITS Authoring Tools / T. Murray
- Trends and Issues in AI and Education: Towards a Common Research Framework / J. Sandberg
- Agent Systems for Diversity in Human Learning / J. Les / G. Cumming / S. Finch
- Teachable Agents: Combining Insights from Learning Theory and Computer Science / S. Brophy / G. Biswas / T. Katzlberger / [and others]
- Meta-knowledge Representation for Learning Scenarios Engineering / G. Paquette
- Multi-Agent Design of a Peer-Help Environment / J. Vassileva / J. Greer / G. McCalla / [and others]
- Methodology for Building Intelligent Educational Agents / H.N. Keeling
- Systemion: A New Agent Model to Design Intelligent Tutoring Systems / M.F. Canut / G. Gouarderes / E. Sanchis
- Learning Goal Ontology Supported by Learning Theories for Opportunistic Group Formation / T. Supnithi / A. Inaba / M. Ikeda / [and others]
- Toward Intelligent Analysis and Support of Collaborative Learning Interaction / A. Soller / F. Linton / B. Goodman / [and others]
- Ontology-Aware Authoring Tool: Functional Structure and Guidance Generation / L. Jin / W. Chen / Y. Hayashi / [and others]
- Formatively Evaluating REDEEM -- An Authoring Environment for ITSs / S. Ainsworth / J. Underwood / S. Grimshaw
- Intelligent Agent Instructional Design Tool for a Hypermedia Design Course / S. Stoyanov / L. Aroyo / P. Kommers.
- Annotation This volume will be the proceedings for the 9th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AI-ED 1999). This is one of a series of international conferences in this area and it is designed to report on state of the art research in the field of AI in Education. This field is interdisciplinary and brings together researchers from the domains of computer science, cognitive science, education, psychology, linguistics, and engineering (to name a few). Researchers will contribute manuscripts to this volume, providing opportunities for cross-fertilization of information across disciplines that will lead to advances and new applications in the field. New computational technologies will be described that support learning, exploration, and collaboration. Technologies can support both the individual and small groups of individuals who work collaboratively to solve problems and learn new materials. New methodologies for supporting and documenting the learning process in both these situations are being developed and are described in this volume.
- Intelligent tutoring systems > Congresses.
- Artificial intelligence > Educational applications > Congresses.
- Open learning > Congresses.
- Tutoriels > Congrès.
- Intelligence artificielle > Applications en éducation > Congrès.
- Éducation ouverte > Congrès.
- COMPUTERS > Enterprise Applications > Business Intelligence Tools.
- COMPUTERS > Intelligence (AI) & Semantics.
- Artificial intelligence > Educational applications.
- Intelligent tutoring systems.
- Open learning.
- Education ouverte > Informatique > Congrès.
- Intelligence artificielle > Congrès.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- Publication date
- Frontiers in artificial intelligence and applications, 0922-6389 ; v. 50
- 9789051994520 (IOS Press)
- 9051994524 (IOS Press)
- 0585458723 (electronic bk.)
- 9780585458724 (electronic bk.)
- 9051994524 (IOS Press)
Browse related items
Start at call number: