Advances in artificial intelligence : applications and theory
- editor, James C. Bezdek.
- Singapore ; Teaneck, N.J. : World Scientific, ©1990.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (vi, 222 pages) : illustrations
- Series in computer science ; vol. 27.
- Bezdek, James C., 1939-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- An intelligent image-based computer-aided education system: the prototype BIRDS / A.A. David, O. Thiery & M. Crehange
- PLAYMAKER: a knowledge-based approach to characterizing hydrocarbon plays / G. Biswas [and others]
- An expert system for interpreting mesoscale features in oceanographic satellite images / N. Krishnakumar [and others]
- An expert system for tuning particle beam accelerators / D.L. Lager, H.R. Brand & W.J. Maurer
- Expert system approach to assessments of bleeding predispositions in tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy patients / N.J. Pizzi & J.M. Gerrard
- Expert system approach using graph representation and analysis for variable-stroke internal-combustion engine design / S.N.T. Shen, M.S. Chew & G.F. Issa
- A comparison of two new techniques for conceptual clustering / S.L. Crawford & S.K. Souders
- Querying an object-oriented database using free language / P. Trigano [and others]
- Adaptive planning for air combat maneuvering / I.C. Hayslip, J.P. Rosenking & J. Filbert
- AM/AG model: a hierarchical social system metaphor for distributed problem solving / D.G. Shin & J. Leone
- A tool for model-based knowledge acquisition / W. Dilger & J. Moller
- PRIOPS: a real-time production system architecture for programming and learning in embedded systems / D.E. Parson & G.D. Blank.
- Publisher's summary
This volume contains a well-balanced set of applications and theory papers in artificial intelligence advances. The applications papers each discuss a system that is (or is close to being) a fielded system that solves real problems using one or more AI techniques. They cover areas such as education, physics, energy, control, medicine and mechanical engineering.The theory papers, representing recent advances in various theoretical aspects of AI technology, concern themselves with "building block" issues, i.e. theories, algorithms, architectures, and software tools that can or will be used for modules within future systems. The topics covered are: clustering, natural language, adaptive algorithms, distributed processing, knowledge acquisition, and systems programming.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Series in computer science ; vol. 27
- "[A] special issue consisting of papers which are ... extensions of preliminary work reported in the Proceedings of the 1989 SPIE Symposium--Applications of Artificial Intelligence VII"--Preface
- 9789814439404 (electronic bk.)
- 9814439401 (electronic bk.)
- 1299713513 (ebk)
- 9781299713512 (ebk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: