Neural networks in pattern recognition and their applications
- editor, C.H. Chen.
- Singapore ; River Edge, N.J. : World Scientific, ©1991.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (iii, 159 pages) : illustrations
- Chen, C. H. (Chi-hau), 1937-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction, C.H. Chen
- combined neural-net/knowledge-based adaptive systems for large scale dynamic control, A.D.C. Holden and S.C. Suddarth
- a connectionist incremental expert system combining production systems and associative memory, H.F. Yin and P. Liang
- optimal hidden units for two-layer nonlinear feedforward networks, T.D. Sanger
- an incremental fine adjustment algorithm for the design of optimal interpolating networks, S.K. Sin and R.J.P. deFigueiredo
- on the asymptotic properties of recurrent neural networks for optimization, J. Wang
- a real-time image segmentation system using a connectionist classifier architecture, W.E. Blanz and S.L. Gish
- segmentation of ultrasonic images with neural network technology's on automatic active sonar classifier development, T.B. Haley
- on the relationships between statistical pattern recognition and artificial neural networks, C.H. Chen.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
The revitalization of neural network research in the past few years has already had a great impact on research and development in pattern recognition and artificial intelligence. Although neural network functions are not limited to pattern recognition, there is no doubt that a renewed progress in pattern recognition and its applications now critically depends on neural networks. This volume specially brings together outstanding original research papers in the area and aims to help the continued progress in pattern recognition and its applications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9789812814890 (electronic bk.)
- 9812814892 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: