Aspects of network and information security
- edited by Evangelos Kranakis, Evgueni Haroutunian, and Elisa Shahbazian.
- data file
- Amsterdam ; Washington D.C. : IOS Press, ©2008.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (ix, 355 pages) : illustrations
- NATO science for peace and security series. Sub-series D, Information and communication security ; v. 17.
- NATO Advanced Study Institute on Network Security and Intrusion Detection (2005 : Yerevan, Armenia)
- Kranakis, Evangelos.
- Haroutunian, Evgueni A.
- Shahbazian, E. (Elisa)
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Public Diplomacy Division.
- NATO Science for Peace and Security Programme.
- IOS Press.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface -- Section I: Network security: Network security and survivability: using wireless overlay networks for critical infrastructure protection / M. Bermester
- Security when routers are taken over by the adversary / Y. Desmedt
- Security in quantum cryptography and quantum networks / J. Gruska
- The case for self-healing software / A.D. Keromytis
- Multi-agent modeling and the simulation of computer network security processes: "a game of network cats and mice" / I. Kotenko
- Formal treatment of secure protocols: an introduction / D. Krizanc, J. Lipton
- Behavioral and structural properties of malicious code / C. Kruegel
- Security from the practitioner's point of view / M. Oit
- Mobile and wireless communications security / B. Preneel
- Humanitarian problems in information security / V. Tairyan [and others]
- Multimedia security: open problems and solutions / S. Voloshynovskiy [and others]
- A selective introduction to border gateway protocol (BGP) security issues / T. Wan, P.C. van Oorschot, E. Kranakis
- Section II: Information security: Steganography & steganalysis an overview of research & challenges / S.S. Agaian
- Guessing and cryptography / E. Arikan
- The exact approximate encryption of quantum information / J. Bouda
- A new approach to stochastic quantum processes, their manipulation and control / A. Gevorkyan
- Reliability approach in Wiretapper guessing theory / E.A. Haroutunian
- E-capacity of information hiding systems / M.E. Haroutunian
- Quasicrystals in cryptography / J. Patera, M. Nesterenko
- Asymptotic investigation of mutual information and capacity of certain communication channels / V. Prelov
- Information theory of covert timing channels / A.B Wagner, V. Anantharam
- Section III: Coding: A survey of new results in coding with feedback and searching with lies / C. Deppe
- Remarks on e-optimal rate function in DMS coding / A. Harutyunyan
- Reconstruction of data distorted by some errors / E. Konstantinova
- On (w, r) cover-free codes / V. Lebedev
- Switching methods for error-correcting codes / F. Solovéva
- On reconstruction of functions on the hypercube / A. Vasiléva.
- Network security is concerned with creating a secure inter-connected network that is designed so that on the one hand, users cannot perform actions that they are not allowed to perform, but on the other hand, can perform the actions that they are allowed to. Network security not only involves specifying and implementing a security policy that describes access control, but also implementing an Intrusion Detection System as a tool for detecting attempted attacks or intrusions by crackers or automated attack tools and identifying security breaches such as incoming shellcode, viruses, worms, malware and trojan horses transmitted via a computer system or network. Today's computer infrastructure is exposed to several kinds of security threats ranging from virus attacks, unauthorized data access, sniffing and password cracking. Understanding network vulnerabilities in order to protect networks from external and internal threats is vital to the world's economy and should be given the highest priority. Computer and network security involves many important and complicated issues and this gathering of scientists will help not only in raising awareness but also in teaching participants the state-of-the-art of security techniques.
- Computer networks > Security measures > Congresses.
- Information networks > Security measures > Congresses.
- Réseaux d'ordinateurs > Sécurité > Mesures > Congrès.
- Réseaux d'information > Sécurité > Mesures > Congrès.
- COMPUTERS > Internet > Security.
- COMPUTERS > Networking > Security.
- COMPUTERS > Security > General.
- Computer networks > Security measures.
- Information networks > Security measures.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- Publication date
- NATO science for peace and security series. Sub-series D: Information and communication security, 1874-6268 ; v. 17
- "Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute on Network Security and Intrusion Detection, Yerevan, Armenia, 1-12 October 2005."
- "Published in cooperation with NATO Public Diplomacy Division."
- 9781435677999 (electronic bk.)
- 1435677994 (electronic bk.)
- 9786000006358 (ebook)
- 6000006357 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: