Evolutionary computation in dynamic and uncertain environments [electronic resource]
- Shengxiang Yang, Yew-Soon Ong, Yaochu Jin (eds.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 605 p. : ill.
- Studies in computational intelligence v. 51.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Optimum Tracking in Dynamic Environments.- Explicit Memory Schemes for Evolutionary Algorithms in Dynamic Environments.- Particle Swarm Optimization in Dynamic Environments.- Evolution Strategies in Dynamic Environments.- Orthogonal Dynamic Hill Climbing Algorithm: ODHC.- Genetic Algorithms with Self-Organizing Behaviour in Dynamic Environments.- Learning and Anticipation in Online Dynamic Optimization.- Evolutionary Online Data Mining: An Investigation in a Dynamic Environment.- Adaptive Business Intelligence: Three Case Studies.- Evolutionary Algorithms for Combinatorial Problems in the Uncertain Environment of the Wireless Sensor Networks.- Approximation of Fitness Functions.- Individual-based Management of Meta-models for Evolutionary Optimization with Application to Three-Dimensional Blade Optimization.- Evolutionary Shape Optimization Using Gaussian Processes.- A Study of Techniques to Improve the Efficiency of a Multi-Objective Particle Swarm Optimizer.- An Evolutionary Multi-objective Adaptive Meta-modeling Procedure Using Artificial Neural Networks.- Surrogate Model-Based Optimization Framework: A Case Study in Aerospace Design.- Handling Noisy Fitness Functions.- Hierarchical Evolutionary Algorithms and Noise Compensation via Adaptation.- Evolving Multi Rover Systems in Dynamic and Noisy Environments.- A Memetic Algorithm Using a Trust-Region Derivative-Free Optimization with Quadratic Modelling for Optimization of Expensive and Noisy Black-box Functions.- Genetic Algorithm to Optimize Fitness Function with Sampling Error and its Application to Financial Optimization Problem.- Search for Robust Solutions.- Single/Multi-objective Inverse Robust Evolutionary Design Methodology in the Presence of Uncertainty.- Evolving the Tradeoffs between Pareto-Optimality and Robustness in Multi-Objective Evolutionary Algorithms.- Evolutionary Robust Design of Analog Filters Using Genetic Programming.- Robust Salting Route Optimization Using Evolutionary Algorithms.- An Evolutionary Approach For Robust Layout Synthesis of MEMS.- A Hybrid Approach Based on Evolutionary Strategies and Interval Arithmetic to Perform Robust Designs.- An Evolutionary Approach for Assessing the Degree of Robustness of Solutions to Multi-Objective Models.- Deterministic Robust Optimal Design Based on Standard Crowding Genetic Algorithm.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
This book compiles recent advances of evolutionary algorithms in dynamic and uncertain environments within a unified framework. The book is motivated by the fact that some degree of uncertainty is inevitable in characterizing any realistic engineering systems. Discussion includes representative methods for addressing major sources of uncertainties in evolutionary computation, including handle of noisy fitness functions, use of approximate fitness functions, search for robust solutions, and tracking moving optimums.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Evolutionary computation.
- Publication date
- Studies in computational intelligence, 1860-949X ; v. 51
- "ISSN electronic edition 1860-9503."
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI : ProQuest, 2015. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest affiliated libraries.
Browse related items
Start at call number: