Handbook of Carbohydrate-Modifying Biocatalysts
- edited by Peter Grunwald.
- Singapore : Pan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxvii, 1027 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm.
- Pan Stanford series on biocatalysis ; v. 2.
- Grunwald, Peter.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Basics in carbohydrate chemistry H. Huhnerfuss
- Glycoconjugates: an overview P. Grunwald
- Oligosaccharides and glycoconjugates in recognition processes T. K. Lindhorst
- Glycoside hydrolases M. Kitaoka
- Disaccharide phosphorylases: mechanistic diversity and application in glycosciences C. Luley-Goedl, B. Nidetzky
- DHAP-dependent aldolases: from flask reaction to cell-based synthesis M. Wei , Z. Li, B. Wu, Y. Liu, T. Li, L. Wen, J. Li, J. Cheng, Y. Fang, X. Liu, P. G. Wang
- Enzymatic and chemo-enzymatic synthesis of nucleotide sugars: novel enzymes, novel substrates, novel products, and novel routs L. Engels, L. Elling
- Iteratively acting glycosyltransferases S. Zhang, A. Bechthold
- Bacterial glycosyltransferases involved in molecular mimicry of mammalian glycans W. Wakarchuk
- Sulfotransferases and sulfatases: sulfate modification of carbohydrates E. Chapman, S. R. Hanson
- Glycosylation in health and disease P. Grunwald
- Sialic acid derivatives, analogs and mimetics as biological probes and inhibitors of sialic acid recognizing proteins J. Tiralongo, T. Haselhorst
- Enzymes of the carbohydrate metabolism and catabolism for chemoenzymatic syntheses of complex oligosaccharides S. Bottcher, J. Thimm, J. Thiem
- From gene to product: tailor-made oligosaccharides and polysaccharides by enzyme and substrate engineering M. E. Ortiz-Soto, J. Seibel
- Synthesis and modification of carbohydrates via metabolic pathway engineering in microorganisms X.-W. Liu, L. Li, H.-t. Gao, L.-j. Dang, P. G. Wang
- Metabolic pathway engineering for hyaluronic acid production E. Marcellin, Wendy Y. Chen, L. K. Nielsen
- Microbial rhamnolipids M. Henkel, M. M. Muller, B. Hormann, C. Syldatk, R. Hausmann
- Chitin-converting enzymes K. Moss, S. Zibek, T. Hirth, S. Rupp
- Linear and cyclic oligosaccharides H. Taniguchi
- Fungal degradation of plant oligo- and polysaccharides R. P. de Vries, J. van den Brink, K. S. Hilden, M. R. Makela, and H. Stalbrand
- Bacterial strategies for plant cell wall degradation and their genomic information Y. Tamaru, R. H. Doi
- Heterologous expression of cellulolytic enzymes C. Eckert, R. Fischer, U. Commandeur
- Engineered minicellulosomes for consolidated bioprocessing Y. Liang, E. L. Ang, H. Zhao
- Design of efficient multienzymatic reactions for cellulosic biomass Processing A. S. Meyer.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
This book provides an actual overview of the structure, function, and application of carbohydrate-modifying biocatalysts. Carbohydrates have been disregarded for a long time by the scientific community, mainly due to their complex structure. Meanwhile, the situation changed with increasing knowledge about the key role carbohydrates play in biological processes such as recognition, signal transduction, immune responses, and others. An outcome of research activities in glycoscience is the development of several new pharmaceuticals against serious diseases such as malaria, cancer, and various storage diseases. Furthermore, the employment of carbohydrate-modifying biocatalysts-enzymes as well as microorganisms-will contribute significantly to the development of environmentally friendly processes boosting a shift of the chemical industry from petroleum- to bio-based production of chemicals from renewable resources. The updated content of the second edition of this book has been extended by discussing the current state of the art of using recombinantly expressed carbohydrate-modifying biocatalysts and the synthesis of minicellulosomes in connection with consolidated bioprocessing of lignocellulosic material. Furthermore, a synthetic biology approach for using DAHP-dependent aldolases to catalyze asymmetric aldol reactions is presented.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Pan Stanford Series on Biocatalysis ; Volume 2
- 9814669784 (hardcover)
- 9789814669788 (hardcover)
- 9789814669795 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: