Evolutionary computation in combinatorial optimization : 16th European Conference, EvoCOP 2016, Porto, Portugal, March 30- April 1, 2016, Proceedings
- Francisco Chicano, Bin Hu, Pablo García-Sánchez (eds).
- Cham : Springer, 2015.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xii,  pages) : illustrations
- Lecture notes in computer science ; 9595. 0302-9743
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 1, Theoretical computer science and general issues.
- EvoCOP (Conference) (16th : 2016 : Porto, Portugal)
- Chicano, Francisco, editor.
- Hu, Bin, Dr., editor.
- García-Sánchez, Pablo, editor.
- A Hybrid Constructive Mat-Heuristic Algorithm for The Heterogeneous Vehicle Routing Problem with Simultaneous Pick-up and Delivery
- A Property Preserving Method for Extending a Single-Objective Problem Instance to Multiple Objectives with Specific Correlations
- An Evolutionary Approach to the Full Optimization of the Traveling Thief Problem
- Construct, Merge, Solve & Adapt: Application to the Repetition-Free Longest Common Subsequence Problem
- Deconstructing the Big Valley Search Space Hypothesis
- Determining the Difficulty of Landscapes by PageRank Centrality in Local Optima Networks
- Efficient Hill Climber for Multi-Objective Pseudo-Boolean Optimization
- Evaluating Hyperheuristics and Local Search Operators for Periodic Routing Problems
- Evolutionary Algorithms for Finding Short Addition Chains: Going the Distance
- Experimental Evaluation of Two Approaches to Optimal Recombination for Permutation Problems
- Hyperplane Elimination for Quickly Enumerating Local Optima
- Limits to Learning in Reinforcement Learning Hyperheuristics
- Modifying Colourings between Time-Steps to Tackle Changes in Dynamic Random Graphs
- Particle Swarm Optimisation with Sequence-Like Indirect Representation for Web Service Composition
- Particle Swarm Optimization for Multi-Objective Web Service Location Allocation
- Sim-EDA: A Multipopulation Estimation of Distribution Algorithm Based on Problem Similarity
- Solving the Quadratic Assignment Problem with Cooperative Parallel Extremal Optimization.
- This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 16th European Conference on Evolutionary Computation in Combinatorial Optimization, EvoCOP 2016, held in Porto, Portugal, in March/April 2016, co-located with the Evo*2015 events EuroGP, EvoMUSART and EvoApplications. The 17 revised full papers presented were carefully reviewed and selected from 44 submissions. The papers cover methodology, applications and theoretical studies. The methods included evolutionary and memetic algorithms, variable neighborhood search, particle swarm optimization, hyperheuristics, mat-heuristic and other adaptive approaches. Applications included both traditional domains, such as graph coloring, vehicle routing, the longest common subsequence problem, the quadratic assignment problem; and new(er) domains such as the traveling thief problem, web service location, and finding short addition chains. The theoretical studies involved fitness landscape analysis, local search and recombination operator analysis, and the big valley search space hypothesis. The consideration of multiple objectives, dynamic and noisy environments was also present in a number of articles.
- Evolutionary computation > Congresses.
- Combinatorial optimization > Data processing > Congresses.
- Evolutionary programming (Computer science) > Congresses.
- Réseaux neuronaux à structure évolutive > Congrès.
- Optimisation combinatoire > Informatique > Congrès.
- Programmation évolutive > Congrès.
- Algorithms & data structures.
- Discrete mathematics.
- User interface design & usability.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Mathematical theory of computation.
- Computers > Programming > Algorithms.
- Computers > Data Processing.
- Computers > Machine Theory.
- Computers > Intelligence (AI) & Semantics.
- Combinatorial optimization > Data processing.
- Evolutionary computation.
- Evolutionary programming (Computer science)
- Publication date
- Title variation
- EvoCOP 2016
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 9595
- LNCS sublibrary. SL 1, Theoretical computer science and general issues
- International conference proceedings.
- Includes author index.
- 9783319306988 (electronic bk.)
- 3319306987 (electronic bk.)
- 9783319306971 (print)