Challenging problems and solutions in intelligent systems
- Guy de Tré, Przemysław Grzegorzewski, Janusz Kacprzyk, Jan W. Owsiński, Wojciech Penczek, Sławomir Zadrożny, editors.
- Switzerland : Springer, 2016.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (x, 347 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Studies in computational intelligence ; v. 634. 1860-949X
- Foundations of Intelligent Computing
- Intelligent Techniques in Data Mining
- Multi-Agent Based Technologies
- Intelligent Computing in Decision Support Systems
- Intelligent Text and Data Retrieval: Towards a Better Representation of Users Intentions.
- 4.1 Function ξ in Fermat's Equation4.2 Generalization to Arbitrary Sequences; 5 Conclusions; References; Part IIIntelligent Techniques inData Mining; Forecasting of Short Time Series with Intelligent Computing; 1 Introduction; 2 Recent Trends in Forecasting with Intelligent Computing; 2.1 Fuzzy Time Series; 2.2 Fuzzification of Model Parameters; 2.3 Fuzzy Rule Based Systems; 2.4 Hybrid Systems; 3 Proposed Approach Using Linguistic Summaries; 4 Numerical Results; 4.1 Illustrative Example; 4.2 Comparative Analysis; 5 Conclusion; References; An Improved Adaptive Self-Organizing Map
- On the Identification of α-Asynchronous Cellular Automata in the Case of Partial Observations with Spatially Separated Gaps1 Introduction; 2 Preliminaries; 3 α-Asynchronous CAs; 4 Identification Problem; 5 Identification Algorithm; 5.1 Complete Observations; 5.2 Gap Filling Procedure; 6 Experimental Results; 7 Summary; References; k-Arithmetic Sequences---Theory and Applications; 1 Introduction; 2 k-Arithmetic Sequences; 2.1 Basic Concepts; 2.2 Characterizing Sequence; 3 Another View on Polynomials; 3.1 Characterizing Sequence and Polynomial Coefficients; 3.2 Basis Numbers; 4 Applications
- This volume presents recent research, challenging problems and solutions in Intelligent Systems? covering the following disciplines: artificial and computational intelligence, fuzzy logic and other non-classic logics, intelligent database systems, information retrieval, information fusion, intelligent search (engines), data mining, cluster analysis, unsupervised learning, machine learning, intelligent data analysis, (group) decision support systems, intelligent agents and multi-agent systems, knowledge-based systems, imprecision and uncertainty handling, electronic commerce, distributed systems, etc. The book defines a common ground for sometimes seemingly disparate problems and addresses them by using the paradigm of broadly perceived intelligent systems. It presents a broad panorama of a multitude of theoretical and practical problems which have been successfully dealt with using the paradigm of intelligent computing.
- Publication date
- Studies in computational intelligence, 1860-949X ; volume 634
- 9783319301655 (electronic bk.)
- 3319301659 (electronic bk.)
- 3319301640 (print)
- 9783319301648 (print)
- 9783319301648 (print)