Rights and freedoms in the Spanish Constitution
- Mar Aguilera Vaqués, Rosario Serra Cristóbal.
- Valencia : Tirant lo Blanch, 2015.
- Physical description
- 191 pages ; 22 cm.
- Legal studies (Tirant lo Blanch (Firm)) ; 1.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- General aspects on fundamental rights
- Generic guarantees for fundamental rights
- Fundamental rights jurisdictional guarantees
- The emergency constitution : can fundamental rights be put on hold?
- The equality clause
- The right to due process of law
- Rights of the personal sphere
- The right to liberty and security
- Freedom of speech and the right to freely communicate or receive accurate information
- Political rights and participation
- Economic, social and cultural rights.
- "This book oflers an introduction to the rights and Ireedoms in the Spanish Constitution. The overview and discussion is based on the civil, political, economic and social rights recognized within the Spanish Fundamental Charter, as well as the mechanisms established lor their protection. The different chapters discuss current debates and include reflections on the challenges that nowadays fundamental rights and freedoms face. We live in a global world, subject to continuous changes which trigger new questions on the rights and freedoms that we all have. While the principies continue to be those adopted in 1978, when the Spanish Constitution was enacted, emerging gaps have to be lilled. To do so, one must be on the one hand, aware of the value of the supranational law on human rights and, on the other, of tne interpretotion given to rights and Ireedoms by tne Constitutional Court, the Europeon Court of Human Rights and the Court of Justice of the European Union. Therefore, the analysis of the Spanish rights and freedoms in this book is defined with such scope and with in these institutional boundaries. This book offers to legal scholars and students not familiar with the Spanish legal context an accessible understanding of the key historical, political, jurisprudential and legal leatures of the Spanish Bill of Rights. It also brings o useful tool kit lor those students who conduct their Spanish low studies in English or those who want to enrich their legal expertise with a comparative analytical angle."-- Publisher's website.
- Publication date
- Legal studies ; 1
Browse related items
Start at call number: