Artificial intelligence applications in information and communication technologies
- Yacine Laalaoui, Nizar Bouguila, editors.
- text file
- Cham : Springer, 2015.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (x, 213 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Studies in computational intelligence ; 607. 1860-949X
- Intro; Contents; Contributors; Introduction; Part I Search and Optimization; A Metaheuristic for Optimizing the Performance and the Fairness in Job Scheduling Systems; 1 Introduction; 2 Problem Description; 2.1 Machines; 2.2 Jobs; 2.3 Optimization Criteria; 3 Overview of Existing Scheduling Approaches; 3.1 Standard Scheduling Algorithms; 3.2 Scheduling with Job Runtime Estimates; 3.3 User-to-User Fairness and Fair-Share; 3.4 Advanced Optimization Methods; 3.5 Summary; 4 Metaheuristic Scheduler; 4.1 Linear Schedule Compression; 4.2 Schedule Evaluation.
- 4.3 Metaheuristic for Schedule Optimization5 Experiments; 5.1 Simulation Setup; 5.2 Experimental Results; 5.3 Summary; 6 Conclusion and Future Work; References; Hybrid ACO and Tabu Search for Large Scale Information Retrieval; 1 Introduction; 2 Information Retrieval Background; 3 Lex as a Tool for Documents Indexing; 4 AC-IR Algorithm; 4.1 Solutions Encoding; 4.2 Pheromone Table and Probabilistic Decision Rules; 4.3 Updating the Pheromone; 4.4 Building and Improving a Solution; 5 ACS-IR Algorithm; 6 The Overall Algorithm; 7 Experimental Results; 7.1 Benchmarks; 7.2 Setting the Parameters.
- 7.3 Comparison of AS-IR, ACS-IR and CL-IR Algorithms8 Conclusion; References; Hosting Clients in Clustered and Virtualized Environment: A Combinatorial Optimization Approach; 1 Introduction; 1.1 Hardware Virtualization Technology; 1.2 Cluster Computing Technology; 1.3 Clients Hosting Problem; 2 Resource Allocation Problem; 3 Helpful Optimization Problems and Tools; 3.1 2-Dimensional Bin-Packing Problem; 3.2 The Max-Min Problem; 3.3 Data-Set and Solving Tool; 3.4 Branch-and-Bound Search; 4 Proposed Approach; 5 Integer Programming Models; 5.1 Minimizing the Number of Clusters.
- 5.2 Heavy Clients Distribution5.3 Balancing the Use of Resources; 6 Discussions; 7 Conclusion; References; Part II Machine Learning; On the Application of Artificial Intelligence Techniques to Create Network Intelligence; 1 Introduction; 1.1 AI for Internet of Things; 1.2 AI for Telecommunication Networks; 2 Graph Theory for Virus Epidemic Prediction; 2.1 State of the Art; 2.2 Architecture and Implementation; 3 Machine Learning for Smart Building Energy Management; 3.1 State of the Art; 3.2 Architecture and Implementation; 4 Intelligent Middleware for Cloud Robotics; 4.1 State of the Art.
- 4.2 Architecture and Implementation5 Multiple Neural Networks for Client Profiling on Telecommunication Networks; 5.1 State of the Art; 5.2 Architecture and Implementation; 6 Alarm Prediction on Telecommunication Networks; 6.1 State of the Art; 6.2 Architecture and Implementation; 7 Conclusions and Further Applications of AI in ICT; 7.1 Future Work on the Reported Solutions; 7.2 Further Applications of AI on ICT; References; A Statistical Framework for Mental Targets Search Using Mixture Models; 1 Introduction; 2 Related Work; 3 The Framework Structure; 4 Data Model; 5 Update Model.
- This book presents various recent applications of Artificial Intelligence in Information and Communication Technologies such as Search and Optimization methods, Machine Learning, Data Representation and Ontologies, and Multi-agent Systems. The main aim of this book is to help Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) practitioners in managing efficiently their platforms using AI tools and methods and to provide them with sufficient Artificial Intelligence background to deal with real-life problems.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Studies in computational intelligence, 1860-949X ; volume 607
- 9783319198330 (electronic bk.)
- 3319198335 (electronic bk.)
- 3319198327 (print)
- 9783319198323 (print)
Browse related items
Start at call number: