Evolutionary equations with applications in natural sciences
- Jacek Banasiak, Mustapha Mokhtar-Kharroubi, editors.
- Cham : Springer, .
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 493 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in mathematics (Springer-Verlag) 2126.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|Shelved by Series title V.2126||Unknown|
- Banasiak, J., editor.
- Mokhtar-Kharroubi, M. editor.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Wilson Lamb: Applying functional analytic techniques to evolution equations.- Adam Bobrowski: Boundary conditions in evolutionary equations in biology.-Ernesto Estrada: Introduction to Complex Networks: Structure and Dynamics.-Jacek Banasiak: Kinetic models in natural sciences.- Philippe Laurencot: Weak compactness techniques and coagulation equations.- Ryszard Rudnicki: Stochastic operators and semigroups and their applications in physics and biology.- Mustapha Mokhtar-Kharroubi: Spectral theory for neutron transport.-Anna Marciniak-Czochra: Reaction-diffusion-ODE models of pattern formation.- Mapundi Kondwani Banda: Nonlinear Hyperbolic Systems of Conservation Laws and Related Applications.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
With the unifying theme of abstract evolutionary equations, both linear and nonlinear, in a complex environment, the book presents a multidisciplinary blend of topics, spanning the fields of theoretical and applied functional analysis, partial differential equations, probability theory and numerical analysis applied to various models coming from theoretical physics, biology, engineering and complexity theory. Truly unique features of the book are: the first simultaneous presentation of two complementary approaches to fragmentation and coagulation problems, by weak compactness methods and by using semigroup techniques, comprehensive exposition of probabilistic methods of analysis of long term dynamics of dynamical systems, semigroup analysis of biological problems and cutting edge pattern formation theory. The book will appeal to postgraduate students and researchers specializing in applications of mathematics to problems arising in natural sciences and engineering.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Lecture notes in mathematics, 0075-8434 ; 2126
Browse related items
Start at call number: