Cooperative robots and sensor networks 2014
- Anis Koubâa, Abdelmajid Khelil, editors.
- text file
- Heidelberg : Springer, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (x, 231 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Studies in computational intelligence ; v. 554. 1860-949X
- Robots and Sensor Networks Localization
- Cooperative Robots and Sensor Networks Applications
- System Engineering
- Mobility Management.
- This book is the second volume on Cooperative Robots and Sensor Networks. The primary objective of this book is to provide an up-to-date reference for cutting-edge studies and research trends related to mobile robots and wireless sensor networks, and in particular for the coupling between them. Indeed, mobile robots and wireless sensor networks have enabled great potentials and a large space for ubiquitous and pervasive applications. Robotics and wireless sensor networks have mostly been considered as separate research fields and little work has investigated the marriage between these two technologies. However, these two technologies share several features, enable common cyber-physical applications and provide complementary support to each other. The book consists of ten chapters, organized into four parts. The first part of the book presents three chapters related to localization of mobile robots using wireless sensor networks. Two chapters presented new solutions based Extended Kalman Filter and Particle Filter for localizing the robots using range measurements with the sensor network. The third chapter presents a survey on mobility-assisted localization techniques in wireless sensor networks. The second part of the book deals with cooperative robots and sensor networks applications. One chapter presents a comprehensive overview of major applications coupling between robots and sensor networks and provides real-world examples of their cooperation. Two other chapters present applications for underwater robots and sensor networks.
- Publication date
- Studies in Computational Intelligence, 1860-949X ; 554
- Includes author index.
- 9783642550294 (electronic bk.)
- 3642550290 (electronic bk.)
- 3642550282 (print)
- 9783642550287 (print)