EVOLVE -- A bridge between probability, set oriented numerics, and evolutionary computation V
- Alexandru-Adrian Tantar ... [and 9 more], editors.
- text file
- Cham : Springer, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xiv, 336 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Advances in intelligent systems and computing ; v. 288. 2194-5357
- EVOLVE (International conference) (2014 : Beijing, China)
- Tantar, Alexandru-Adrian, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and index.
- Set Oriented Numerics
- Computational Game Theory
- Machine Learning Applied to Networks
- Complex Networks and Landscape Analysis
- Local Search and Optimization
- Genetic Programming
- Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimization
- Practical Aspects of Evolutionary Algorithms.
- This volume encloses research articles that were presented at the EVOLVE 2014 International Conference in Beijing, China, July 1-4, 2014. The book gathers contributions that emerged from the conference tracks, ranging from probability to set oriented numerics and evolutionary computation; all complemented by the bridging purpose of the conference, e.g. Complex Networks and Landscape Analysis, or by the more application oriented perspective. The novelty of the volume, when considering the EVOLVE series, comes from targeting also the practitioner's view. This is supported by the Machine Learning Applied to Networks and Practical Aspects of Evolutionary Algorithms tracks, providing surveys on new application areas, as in the networking area and useful insights in the development of evolutionary techniques, from a practitioner's perspective. Complementary to these directions, the conference tracks supporting the volume, follow on the individual advancements of the subareas constituting the scope of the conference, through the Computational Game Theory, Local Search and Optimization, Genetic Programming, Evolutionary Multi-objective optimization tracks.
- Publication date
- Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2194-5357 ; volume 288
- Includes author index.
- 9783319074948 (electronic bk.)
- 3319074946 (electronic bk.)
- 3319074938 (print)
- 9783319074931 (print)