Computational intelligence and decision making [electronic resource] : trends and applications
- Ana Madureira, Cecilia Reis, Viriato Marques, [editors].
- Dordrecht ; New York : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- International series on intelligent systems, control and automation--science and engineering v. 61.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The Process of Industrial Bioethanol Production Explained by Self-Organised Maps / Miguel A. Sanz-Bobi, Pablo Ruiz and Julio Montes
- Towards a Further Understanding of the Robotic Darwinian PSO / Micael S. Couceiro, Fernando M. L. Martins, Filipe Clemente, Rui P. Rocha and Nuno M. F. Ferreira
- A Comparison Study Between Two Hyperspectral Clustering Methods: KFCM and PSO-FCM / Amin Alizadeh Naeini, Saeid Niazmardi, Shahin Rahmatollahi Namin, Farhad Samadzadegan and Saeid Homayouni
- Comparison of Classification Methods for Golf Putting Performance Analysis / J. Miguel A. Luz, Micael S. Couceiro, David Portugal, Rui P. Rocha and Hélder Araújo, et al.
- Switched Unfalsified Multicontroller Nonparametric Model Based Design / Fernando Coito, Luís Brito Palma and Fernando Costa
- Evolving Fuzzy Uncalibrated Visual Servoing for Mobile Robots / P. J. S. Gonçalves, P. J. F. Lopes, P. M. B. Torres and J. M. R. Sequeira
- Evaluating the Potential of Particle Swarm Optimization for Hyperspectral Image Clustering in Minimum Noise Fraction Feature Space / Shahin Rahmatollahi Namin, Amin Alizadeh Naeini and Farhad Samadzadegan
- On a Ball's Trajectory Model for Putting's Evaluation / Gonçalo Dias, Rui Mendes, Micael S. Couceiro, Carlos M. Figueiredo and J. Miguel A. Luz
- Efficient Discriminative Models for Proteomics with Simple and Optimized Features / Lionel Morgado, Carlos Pereira, Paula Veríssimo and António Dourado
- Meta-heuristics Self-Parameterization in a Multi-agent Scheduling System Using Case-Based Reasoning / Ivo Pereira, Ana Madureira and Paulo de Moura Oliveira
- Haptic-Based Robot Teleoperation: Interacting with Real Environments / Pedro Neto, Nélio Mourato and J. Norberto Pires
- Multi-agent Predictive Control with Application in Intelligent Infrastructures / J. M. Igreja, S. J. Costa, J. M. Lemos and F. M. Cadete
- Single-Objective Spreading Algorithm / E. J. Solteiro Pires, Luís Mendes, António M. Lopes, P. B. de Moura Oliveira and J. A. Tenreiro Machado
- Fault Tolerant Control Based on Adaptive LQG and Fuzzy Controllers / Carla Viveiros, Luis Brito Palma and José Manuel Igreja
- P2P Web Service Based System for Supporting Decision-Making in Cellular Manufacturing Scheduling / Maria Leonilde R. Varela, Rui Barbosa and Susana Costa
- Web-Based Decision Support System for Orders Planning / António Arrais-Castro, Maria Leonilde R. Varela and Sílvio Carmo-Silva
- Product Documentation Management Through REST-Based Web Service / Filipe Rocha, Maria Leonilde R. Varela and Sílvio Carmo-Silva
- Fuzzy Web Platform for Electrical Energy Losses Management / Gaspar Gonçalves Vieira, Maria Leonilde R. Varela and Rita A. Ribeiro
- Web System for Supporting Project Management / Cátia Filipa Veiga Alves, André Filipe Nogueira da Silva and Maria Leonilde R. Varela
- Generation Capacity Expansion Planning in Restructured Electricity Markets Using Genetic Algorithms / Adelino J. C. Pereira and João Tomé Saraiva
- Decision Making in Maintainability of High Risk Industrial Equipment / José Sobral and Luis Ferreira
- The Classification Platform Applied to Mammographic Images / P. J. S. Gonçalves
- On an Optimization Model for Approximate Nonnegative Matrix Factorization / Ana Maria de Almeida
- Random Walks in Electric Networks / D. M. L. D. Rasteiro
- Business Intelligence Tools / Jorge Bernardino and Marco Tereso
- Food Service Management Web Platform Based on XML Specification and Web Services / Pedro Sabioni, Vinícius Carneiro and Maria Leonilde R. Varela
- Differential Evolution on the Minimization of Thermal Residual Stresses in Functionally Graded Structures / T. A. N. Silva and M. A. R. Loja
- Magnetic Wheeled Climbing Robot: Design and Implementation / M. F. Silva, R. S. Barbosa and A. L. C. Oliveira
- Development of an AGV Controlled by Fuzzy Logic / Ramiro S. Barbosa, Manuel F. Silva and Dário J. Osório
- Affect Recognition / Raquel Faria and Ana Almeida
- Web 2.0: Tagging Usefulness / Joaquim Filipe P. Santos and Ana Almeida
- Multidimensional Scaling Analysis of Electricity Market Prices / Filipe Azevedo and J. Tenreiro Machado
- PCMAT Metadata Authoring Tool / Paulo Couto, Constantino Martins, Luiz Faria, Marta Fernandes and Eurico Carrapatoso
- Collaborative Broker for Distributed Energy Resources / João Carlos Ferreira, Alberto Rodrigues da Silva, Vítor Monteiro and João L. Afonso
- A Multidimensional Scaling Classification of Robotic Sensors / Miguel F. M. Lima and J. A. Tenreiro Machado
- Rough Set Theory: Data Mining Technique Applied to the Electrical Power System / C. I. Faustino Agreira, C. M. Machado Ferreira and F. P. Maciel Barbosa
- Tuning a Fractional Order Controller from a Heat Diffusion System Using a PSO Algorithm / Isabel S. Jesus and Ramiro S. Barbosa
- A Tool for Biomedical - Documents Classification Using Support Vector Machines / João Oliveira, Daniel Correia, Carlos Pereira, Paula Veríssimo and António Dourado
- Conflicts Management in Retail Systems with Self-Regulation / Bruno Magalhães and Ana Madureira
- Adaptive e-Learning Systems Foundational Issues of the ADAPT Project / Eduardo Pratas and Viriato M. Marques
- Recognizing Music Styles - An Approach Based on the Zipf-Mandelbrot Law / Viriato M. Marques and Cecília Reis
- A Platform for Peptidase Detection Based on Text Mining Techniques and Support Vector Machines / Daniel Correia, Carlos Pereira, Paula Veríssimo and António Dourado
- Optimal Configuration of Uniplanar-Unilateral External Fixators in Tibia Fractures / Luis Roseiro and Augusta Neto
- Identification of the Forces in the Suspension System of a Race Car Using Artificial Neural Networks / Luis Roseiro, Carlos Alcobia, Pedro Ferreira, Abderrahmane Baïri and Najib Laraqi, et al.
- Combinational Logic Circuits Design Tool for a Learning Management System / Cecília Reis and Viriato M. Marques
- Labeling Methods for the General Case of the Multi-objective Shortest Path Problem - A Computational Study / J. M. Paixão and J. L. Santos.
- Publisher's summary
This book provides a general overview and original analysis of new developments and applications in several areas of Computational Intelligence and Information Systems. Computational Intelligence has become an important tool for engineers to develop and analyze novel techniques to solve problems in basic sciences such as physics, chemistry, biology, engineering, environment and social sciences. The material contained in this book addresses the foundations and applications of Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support Systems, Complex and Biological Inspired Systems, Simulation and Evolution of Real and Artificial Life Forms, Intelligent Models and Control Systems, Knowledge and Learning Technologies, Web Semantics and Ontologies, Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Intelligent Power Systems, Self-Organized and Distributed Systems, Intelligent Manufacturing Systems and Affective Computing. The contributions have all been written by international experts, who provide current views on the topics discussed and present recent, original insights from their own experience in these fields.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Intelligent systems, control and automation: science and engineering ; v. 61
- 9789400747227 (electronic bk.)
- 9400747225 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: