1. Advances in artificial life [electronic resource] : 9th European conference, ECAL 2007, Lisbon, Portugal, September 10-14, 2007, proceedings 
- European Conference on Artificial Life (9th : 2007 : Lisbon, Portugal)
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2007.
- Book — xviii, 1215 p. : ill.
- Artificial Chemistries, Pre-biotic Evolution.- Chemical Organizations at Different Spatial Scales.- Formulating Membrane Dynamics with the Reaction of Surface Objects.- Multi-level Selectional Stalemate in a Simple Artificial Chemistry.- Simulation Model for Functionalized Vesicles: Lipid-Peptide Integration in Minimal Protocells.- Evolution.- Emergence of Genetic Coding: An Information-Theoretic Model.- Emergent Phenomena Only Belong to Biology.- Genotype Editing and the Evolution of Regulation and Memory.- Investigating the Emergence of Phenotypic Plasticity in Evolving Digital Organisms.- Simulation of the Evolution of Aging: Effects of Aggression and Kin-Recognition.- Ecosystems.- Artificial Ecosystem Selection for Evolutionary Optimisation.- Building Virtual Ecosystems from Artificial Chemistry.- Energy Flows and Maximum Power on an Evolutionary Ecological Network Model.- Entropy Production in Ecosystems.- Increasing Complexity Can Increase Stability in a Self-Regulating Ecosystem.- Niche Differentiation and Coexistence in a Multi-resource Ecosystem with Competition.- Variance in Water Temperature as a Factor in the Modelling of Starfish and Mussel Population Density and Diversity.- Morphodynamics, Development.- Cell Tracking: Genesis and Epigenesis in an Artificial Organism.- Developmental Neural Heterogeneity Through Coarse-Coding Regulation.- Re-examination of Swimming Motion of Virtually Evolved Creature Based on Fluid Dynamics.- Adaptive Behavior.- Adaptation to Sensory Delays.- Adapting to Your Body.- An Analysis of Behavioral Attractor Dynamics.- Artificial Emotions: Are We Ready for Them?.- Evolution of an Adaptive Sleep Response in Digital Organisms.- Where Did I Put My Glasses? Determining Trustfulness of Records in Episodic Memory by Means of an Associative Network.- Grounding Action-Selection in Event-Based Anticipation.- Learning and Evolution.- Aging in Artificial Learning Systems.- An Analysis of the Effects of Lifetime Learning on Population Fitness and Diversity in an NK Fitness Landscape.- Embodied Evolution and Learning: The Neglected Timing of Maturation.- Evolution and Learning in an Intrinsically Motivated Reinforcement Learning Robot.- Evolving Cultural Learning Parameters in an NK Fitness Landscape.- How Does Niche Construction Reverse the Baldwin Effect?.- Improving Search Efficiency in the Action Space of an Instance-Based Reinforcement Learning Technique for Multi-robot Systems.- Improving Agent Localisation Through Stereotypical Motion.- Neuroevolution of Agents Capable of Reactive and Deliberative Behaviours in Novel and Dynamic Environments.- On the Adaptive Disadvantage of Lamarckianism in Rapidly Changing Environments.- The Dynamics of Associative Learning in an Evolved Situated Agent.- Communication, Constitution of Meaning, Language.- Constructing the Basic Umwelt of Artificial Agents: An Information-Theoretic Approach.- Directed Evolution of Communication and Cooperation in Digital Organisms.- Evolution of Acoustic Communication Between Two Cooperating Robots.- Group Size Effects on the Emergence of Compositional Structures in Language.- Language Learning Dynamics: Coexistence and Selection of Grammars.- Multi-level Selection in the Emergence of Language Systematicity.- Protolanguages That Are Semi-holophrastic.- From the Outside-In: Embodied Attention in Toddlers.- Agency, Autopoiesis, Autonomy.- Autonomy: A Review and a Reappraisal.- Category Theoretical Distinction Between Autopoiesis and (M, R) Systems.- Measuring Autonomy by Multivariate Autoregressive Modelling.- Minimal Agency Detection of Embodied Agents.- Alife and Art.- Hermeneutic Resonance in Animats and Art.- Robotic Superstrings Installation: A-Life Science & Art.- Dynamics of Social Systems, Collective Behavior.- A Distributed Formation Algorithm to Organize Agents with No Coordinate Agreement.- A Multi-level Selection Model for the Emergence of Social Norms.- Evolution of Cooperation in a Population of Selfish Adaptive Agents.- Evolutionary Dilemmas in a Social Network.- Exogenous Fault Detection in a Collective Robotic Task.- From Artificial Societies to New Social Science Theory.- From Solitary to Collective Behaviours: Decision Making and Cooperation.- Individual Selection for Cooperative Group Formation.- Institutional Robotics.- Investigating the Evolution of Cooperative Behaviour in a Minimally Spatial Model.- Modeling Decentralized Organizational Change in Honeybee Societies.- Social Facilitation on the Development of Foraging Behaviors in a Population of Autonomous Robots.- Social Impact Theory Based Optimizer.- The Role of Collective Reproduction in Evolution.- Fear and the Behaviour of Virtual Flocking Animals.- Swarm and Ant Colony Systems.- Comparing ACO Algorithms for Solving the Bi-criteria Military Path-Finding Problem.- Decentralized Control and Interactive Design Methods for Large-Scale Heterogeneous Self-Organizing Swarms.- EcoPS - a Model of Group-Foraging with Particle Swarm Systems.- Efficient Multi-foraging in Swarm Robotics.- Modelling the Effects of Colony Age on the Foraging Behaviour of Harvester Ants.- Robotics and Autonomous Agents: Concepts and Applications.- A Mechanism to Self-Assemble Patterns with Autonomous Robots.- Binocular Vision-Based Robot Control with Active Hand-Eye Coordination.- Controlling an Anthropomimetic Robot: A Preliminary Investigation.- Evolution of Neural Networks for Active Control of Tethered Airfoils.- Feathered Flyer: Integrating Morphological Computation and Sensory Reflexes into a Physically Simulated Flapping-Wing Robot for Robust Flight Manoeuvre.- Guided Self-organisation for Autonomous Robot Development.- Near-Optimal Mobile Robot Recharging with the Rate-Maximizing Forager.- Neural Uncertainty and Sensorimotor Robustness.- Simulations of Simulations in Evolutionary Robotics.- Synthesizing Physically-Realistic Environmental Models from Robot Exploration.- The Evolution of Pain.- Evolutionary Computation.- A Computational Morphogenesis Approach to Simple Structure Development.- Program Evolvability Under Environmental Variations and Neutrality.- The Creativity Potential Within Evolutionary Algorithms.- The Problems with Counting Ancestors in a Simple Genetic Algorithm.- Networks, Cellular Automata, Complex Systems.- Asynchronous Graph-Rewriting Automata and Simulation of Synchronous Execution.- Catalysis by Self-Assembled Structures in Emergent Reaction Networks.- Community Detection in Complex Networks Using Collaborative Evolutionary Algorithms.- Detecting Non-trivial Computation in Complex Dynamics.- Evolution of One-Dimensional Cellular Automata by 1/f Noise.- Genotype Reuse More Important than Genotype Size in Evolvability of Embodied Neural Networks.- Information-Cloning of Scale-Free Networks.- MBEANN: Mutation-Based Evolving Artificial Neural Networks.- Measuring Entropy in Embodied Neural Agents with Homeostasic Units: A Link Between Complexity and Cybernetics.- Networks Regulating Networks: The Effects of Constraints on Topological Evolution.- Preliminary Investigations on the Evolvability of a Non spatial GasNet Model.- Semi-synchronous Activation in Scale-Free Boolean Networks.- Spatial Embedding and Complexity: The Small-World Is Not Enough.- The Application of the Idea of Extended Cellular Automata for Some Pedestrian Behaviors.- Transients of Active Tracking: A Stroll in Attractor Spaces.- Wavelet Network with Hybrid Algorithm to Linearize High Power Amplifiers.- Models and Methodologies.- A Behavior-Based Model of the Hydra, Phylum Cnidaria.- A Computational System for Investigating Chemotaxis-Based Cell Aggregation.- A Signal Based Approach to Artificial Agent Modeling.- Construction of Hypercycles in Typogenetics with Evolutionary Algorithms.- Designing a Methodology to Estimate Complexity of Protein Structures.- Designing for Surprise.- Evolving Virtual Neuronal Morphologies: A Case Study in Genetic L-Systems Programming.- Folding Protein-Like Structures with Open L-Systems.- Formal Model of Embodiment on Abstract Systems: From Hierarchy to Heterarchy.- Neuro-evolution Methods for Designing Emergent Specialization.- Neutral Emergence and Coarse Graining.- New Models for Old Questions: Evolutionary Robotics and the `A Not B' Error.- PLAZZMID: An Evolutionary Agent-Based Architecture Inspired by Bacteria and Bees.- Self-organizing Acoustic Categories in Sensor Arrays.- Self-organizing Systems Based on Bio-inspired Properties.- Stepwise Transition from Direct Encoding to Artificial Ontogeny in Neuroevolution.- Symbiosis, Synergy and Modularity: Introducing the Reciprocal Synergy Symbiosis Algorithm.- Turing Complete Catalytic Particle Computers.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
(source: Nielsen Book Data)